Keaton Beach

Davis31052

Heading down to Keaton Beach the weekend of Jan 19-20.
Looking for info on baits for inshore fishing. Both hard and soft baits and recommended live baits.

Thx, LF

Mako22

BANNED
I usually just Red fish this time of year. If your after some Reds they should be in the back of some salt water creeks. You may have to go thru some real skinny water to get back to their holes. I'd use shrimp, dead or alive on the bottom for Reds. Just my two cents worth.

Trooper

Hey I have a place at Keaton and am familiar with it.Artificial baits that I have had luck on is a "cajun Thunder" spinnerbait with an Electric Chicken" trailer on it.They usually come with it.A gold and orange cotton cordell is deadly too for reds.Using a pause and jerk retrieve.A live pinfish or shrimp is a sure bite fished under a cajun thunder cork.The wal mart in Perry,Fl. has most everything you will need or Wilson's bait and tackle on hwy 19 in Perry will have it along with the "hot lure"of the week and some friendly advice.If your not familiar with the water idle out at low tide or walk the point with some binoculars and mark some rocks and oyster bars so you can hit em on the last 2 hrs of the incoming tide and the 1st 2 hrs of the outgoing tide.This is the most productive window by far.Good luck

Parker Phoenix

Most of the folks who consistantly catch big trout use a pinfish under a cork. Bait may be hard to find, but I can't argue with success.