Kill 1 and 5 more take its place

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We see more than enough, they keep coming from adjacent properties. My largest in this photo weighed 340.

Attachments

• BigBar.jpg
    BigBar.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 38

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We shoot and trap year round. This one was killed last Sunday.

Attachments

• boar hog.jpg
    boar hog.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 31

HogKillaDNR

We see more than enough, they keep coming from adjacent properties. My largest in this photo weighed 340.
That one definitely was one you didn't want chasing you with those cutters.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
That one definitely was one you didn't want chasing you with those cutters.
He came out of a thicket behind me, shot him at about ten yards in the head. If he hadn't broke a stick causing me to turn around, he may have gotten me. I had no idea he was there, I was slipping into a deer stand area. I've only had one other boar charge me out of nowhere. That was in Osceola Co. Fl. Early morning at the break of day, a big boar charged me out of some broom sedge. I think he had been fighting with another boar. Heard me and thought I was it. Dropped him at my feet with a shotgun. I killed the other boar that afternoon. I've had plenty hog adventures over the years.
Here's a photo of some SW Ga hogs.

Attachments

• Dec2018.jpg
    Dec2018.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 25

HogKillaDNR

He came out of a thicket behind me, shot him at about ten yards in the head. If he hadn't broke a stick causing me to turn around, he may have gotten me. I had no idea he was there, I was slipping into a deer stand area. I've only had one other boar charge me out of nowhere. That was in Osceola Co. Fl. Early morning at the break of day, a big boar charged me out of some broom sedge. I think he had been fighting with another boar. Heard me and thought I was it. Dropped him at my feet with a shotgun. I killed the other boar that afternoon. I've had plenty hog adventures over the years.
Here's a photo of some SW Ga hogs.
Those are some show nuff big ones right there. Looking forward to hearing some of your big boar encounters too.

Redman54

Man at the cutters on that pig!! He'd make a great skull mount.

Redman54

This one is on my hit list, just haven't crossed paths with him yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3202.JPEG
    IMG_3202.JPEG
    39.9 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Son

RamseyWC

Our neighbor in Wilkes County had a trapper come in and take over 70 of them in one week. That was about 4 years ago and made a massive difference. We have the occasional straggler every now and then, and I'm sure their numbers will inevitably rise, but I have been pleasantly surprised that their numbers have stayed down for as long as they have.

Redman54

These two guys as well.

Attachments

• 65455530844__DA0206C2-4978-4A4B-B880-92A8B5E04606.jpg
    65455530844__DA0206C2-4978-4A4B-B880-92A8B5E04606.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 65455532654__686EFC33-8506-49F6-8B35-C4D16BFDA8D6.jpg
    65455532654__686EFC33-8506-49F6-8B35-C4D16BFDA8D6.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7

alwayslookin

Those are some healthy pigs. They love those swamp bottoms....and it's been dry most everywhere else. Good luck.

Stickemdeep

Our place in Texas went close to 30 years without having them and then in 18' killed the first one. Since then its spiraled to stupid numbers. We killed 32 in a week on the ground and another 61 from the air. Fast forward a year and its like nothing happened. Our friends Killed 640 off their 14k acer place over a week, and have done numbers close to that for the past 10 years... They aint going anywhere sadly

skoaleric

What everyone don’t realize is that a mature female can have a litter every 3 month 3 weeks and 3 days. Add up all the females you killed and multiply that times 12 times 3. That is how many piggies they can produce in a single year.
That is not true. I raised wild hogs when I was younger. Even in perfect conditions, I could only get a max of 2 litters a year. The average was 1 1/2 litters a year. Don’t be like the game wardens and believe everything you read in a text book.

M2M

My mid-Alabama club purchased a PIG BRIG and with moving on our 4K acre lease it’s money we’ll spent.