Knaus working the grey area?

specialk

i just can't beleive it!:rofl:

Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules: #2-Brad Keselowski believes Penske Racing's refusal to bend the rules contributed to him not being able to challenge #48-Jimmie Johnson for the lead Sunday Michigan. Johnson was leading Keselowski with six laps remaining when his Hendrick Motorsports engine blew. #16-Greg Biffle won the race and Keselowski finished second. During the race, Keselowski made reference to Hendrick's "tricks" with their cars. Hendrick's Kasey Kahne and Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished third and fourth, respectively. The Hendrick cars appear to have different rear suspension setups than other cars, especially at intermediate tracks such as Michigan, Indianapolis and Pocono. "There's part and pieces on the car that are moving after inspection that makes the cars more competitive," Keselowski said after the race. "Some guys have it, some don't. There's a question as to the interpretation of the rule. Penske Racing errs on the safe side because we don't want to be the guys that get the big penalty." Keselowski said Penske will need to re-evaluate its setups. "As a group at Penske Racing, we have not felt comfortable enough to risk that name and reputation that Roger has over those parts and pieces. Others have, which is their prerogative," Keselowski said. "I'm not going to slam it. But it's living in a gray area. & We have to make a re-evaluation of that internally to decide if that's the right way to go."(Sporting News)(8-20-2012)

golffreak

sour grapes

Not so sure. Knaus has been caught several times, while others have not. Makes you wonder how many times he hasn't been caught.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think Brad finished way ahead of JJ. If you listen to the whole interview, he did not really have a problem with what they were doing but more upset that Penske was not taking the same advatage of the rules. Plus they dont call him Cheating Chad for nothing.

specialk

sour grapes

this^^^^^......i like brad, he's a heck of a driver......and that's what he needs to do--shut up and drive.......

marknga

GONetwork Member
Dang guys that is racing... trying to figure out HOW TO BE FASTER THAN THE OTHER GUY.

That is what they pay Chad to do... make his guys car faster than the other guys.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Not so sure. Knaus has been caught several times, while others have not. Makes you wonder how many times he hasn't been caught.

And ???
Most of the competition just feels stupid cause they didn't think of it first.

Barry Duggan

Working in the grey area...sounds more like using the grey matter to me.

Keith48

And ???
Most of the competition just feels stupid cause they didn't think of it first.

^^This

He needs to be working in the engine area.

The Hendrick motors have been the most dependable in NASCAR for the last several years. Everyone knows its the truth (if they are willing to let logic and facts overcome bias). And for the record, the problem with the engines last week was faulty valve springs. The owner of the spring manufacturing company flew a whole new batch of them down this week to replace the faulty ones.

Then again, I guess the ones pulling for the losers out there have to rejoice at any mistake made at the HMS engine shop since it is so rare. :bounce:

specialk

^^This

The Hendrick motors have been the most dependable in NASCAR for the last several years. Everyone knows its the truth (if they are willing to let logic and facts overcome bias). And for the record, the problem with the engines last week was faulty valve springs. The owner of the spring manufacturing company flew a whole new batch of them down this week to replace the faulty ones.

Then again, I guess the ones pulling for the losers out there have to rejoice at any mistake made at the HMS engine shop since it is so rare. :bounce:

you're right....also no team gets to pick and choose a motor....they come off an assembly line and when a team needs a motor they get the next one in line...

nacsar has said the rear suspension's under HMS is legal....

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
you're right....also no team gets to pick and choose a motor....they come off an assembly line and when a team needs a motor they get the next one in line...

nacsar has said the rear suspension's under HMS is legal....

Now that was a shocker.