Kydex Holster???

K80Shooter

Lock leather from urban carry, will see how it fits the hk usp. I primarily wanted to lose the thumb break snap and strap. I bought some horsehide holsters a few years back and they hold their shape and don't use a strap to hold them in.

Half of the holsters I saw were iwb, I don't have any room for iwb. Are yall wearing suspenders or something with those? I'm running out of belt too.

I purchased only one IWB holster, for the life of me I cant see the craze about them. I only want to try one for small of the back carry as you have a little room there I would think. If it doesn't work for their price you wouldn't be out a lot.

transfixer

unless I'm in the woods or at the range, I always carry concealed, never open, up till last year I always carried IWB at the 3 or 4 oclock position usually with an Andrews Leather McDaniell II holster, I've usually had a bit of a belly overhang anyway, starting about a year ago I finally changed my eating habits and lost weight, no overhang anymore, I started carrying iwb appendix position as a result, its more comfortable and a lot more concealed, especially when sitting down, its also a faster draw if you ever have to pull your firearm in a hurry ,,

As far as Kydex scratching your gun, if plastic will actually scratch your gun I'd question the finish on your gun, as the plastic is much softer than the metal its made from . A leather holster that is rough side inside will actually wear the finish on your gun, that is why most quality leather holsters are rough side out and smooth finish leather on the inside.

Darkhorse

I carry my single actions in custom leather they just don't look and feel right in anything else.
But for my automatics it's now Kydex all the way. I like how easy it is to reholster your firearm with Kydex. Sometimes it might be an advantage to get that thing back in the holster as fast as you got it out.
I had one IWB and don't care for another. I had to wear oversize waist lines just to get my pants buttoned up.
I prefer OWB for just about any kind of carry. But I did order a shoulder holster for my M&P 40c a few nights ago. I'm not even sure if it's kydex or not but I will find out in a few days.

trial&error

Which one did you get and for what weapon?

Please report back on quality and how the weapon draws from the holster and does it hold securely. I'm thinking about one of these in a iwb to be used as a small of back holster. (the sensors made me spell it out. lol)

The price point seems attractive.
After some adjustments to the tension screw and a couple of days holding it's shape (was sent in an envelope and arrived quite flat) it draws fine and doesn't seem to fall out. I'm not doing any gymnastics or jogging, but I'm confident it would stay in iffn somethin was chasing me.

Other notes it seems to ride higher than others. Better for sitting, but higher draw. Overall I'm satisfied. The only part that's plastic is the retention parts and they catch the front of the trigger guard.
IMG_20210422_183052.jpg
And the adore mentioned fobus damage pic.
IMG_20210422_182741.jpg

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Fobus for OWB if 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock. We The People for IWB. I’m an appendix guy. Like Transfixer, I got rid of my belly feel the most comfortable carrying appendix. Kydex will work on Cerakote but it takes a good while.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
After some adjustments to the tension screw and a couple of days holding it's shape (was sent in an envelope and arrived quite flat) it draws fine and doesn't seem to fall out. I'm not doing any gymnastics or jogging, but I'm confident it would stay in iffn somethin was chasing me.

Other notes it seems to ride higher than others. Better for sitting, but higher draw. Overall I'm satisfied. The only part that's plastic is the retention parts and they catch the front of the trigger guard.
View attachment 1078300
And the adore mentioned fobus damage pic.
View attachment 1078302

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a silver slide on an HK!

Dub

I'll occasionally run a kydex holster....but most of the time I'm all about comfortable leather IWB....usually one made by the folks at Milt Sparks.

The last several months have found my most often carried weapon is this LB UTC. Most of the time it is in this Summer Special 2 holster. Also went with a SS2 for my P365, too. It virtually disappears from thought in that holster...yet affords a full grip and easy draw.

That NexBelt has proven extremely comfortable & secure...yet light and easy to trim to custom length whenever you need to.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/edc-belts