Lake Oconee Crappie 11-4-22

KrappieKrane

Attacked Oconee on Friday to aggravate a few fish and take a few for the fryer.
Overcast day with water temps mid to high 60’s
Wind 8-10mph
I found the schools of smaller fish on brush and horizontal timber in the coves with the Shad. The schools were easily spooked with all the boats around and would attack a crystal colored jig if casted from a distance. I couldn’t get close enough to present a vertical presentation before they would move.
The larger fish were in very small schools attached to a isolated piece of structure and would bite a jig if it
was presented above their heads and dropped/ glided in front of them. Finished the day with 15 for the fryer and the largest was 1.4lbs. Tough bite with all the pressure they’re receiving and finding undisturbed fish will put a few on your lines.

Nice catch!

I also fished Friday and Saturday at Oconee. I used minnows since I found the grub bite slow. Friday I kept 28 over 10" with most of them over 11" and the largest at 14". Saturday my brother and I kept 36 with the largest at 13.5". I found the same scenario you did. Too close and they would run. But we had a great time chasing them around.

KrappieKrane

Nice catch!

I also fished Friday and Saturday at Oconee. I used minnows since I found the grub bite slow. Friday I kept 28 over 10" with most of them over 11" and the largest at 14". Saturday my brother and I kept 36 with the largest at 13.5". I found the same scenario you did. Too close and they would run. But we had a great time chasing them around.
That’s awesome and thanks for the report. I came close to going back to the marina and getting some minnows since the bite was slow. The marina is usually out on Friday mornings until the delivery later that afternoon. Just got hard headed and went thru the colors until they would hit one consistent. Post some pics and keep posting some info about what the fish are doing. We do appreciate them.

KrappieKrane

Nice fish Mr Charlie! Seems like you have Oconee figured out for sure. Thanks for posting some pics.