Lake Recommendations for Intro to Fishing

GP Burdell

I've been asked to introduce a Girl Scout troop to fishing and would appreciate a recommendation for a good lake near Atlanta where the girls could fish. Given the number of girls that will attend, I'm limited to fishing from shore or dock instead of a boat. Also would prefer a lake over a river since I need to limit the risk of a girl falling into the water. Can anyone recommend a good shore spot on Lake Allatoona or Lake Lanier or another lake within 60NM of Atlanta? Thanks.

hopper

Assuming this would be on the weekend. If so alot of the easy access parks on Lanier would be way crowded. There is a church that owns some lake property of of Pilgrim Mill exit 16 of Ga 400. They do lease the land out for events but may be interested in letting yall use it for Scouts to fish. I will look for the contact info.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
You have been here since 2008. I'm sure there is someone here that has a pond full of fish they will let them catch. I'd try and go that route. More of a sure thing.

Big7

The Oracle
You have been here since 2008. I'm sure there is someone here that has a pond full of fish they will let them catch. I'd try and go that route. More of a sure thing.
Yes. Farm ponds usually have hungry brim and/or catfish.

Fort Yargo State Park is clean and has plenty of bank fishing. I think they still let you swim but not sure about that. Daddy took me there as a kid. Camped there as an adult.

It's nice.