Last Night's Fine Swine

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Brined some big, thick pork chops all day in an apple brine. Grilled them on the Akorn with some pecan smoke, made some smashed red taters and catheads. It was almost edible.

grilledchops.jpg

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Oh my! That looks like heavenly goodness! I grew up having pork chops a couple times a week! My mother loves pork more than Any Other kind of meat! We had them every under the sun except battered and fried. She said batter was for fish or chicken.? looks good man!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my! That looks like heavenly goodness! I grew up having pork chops a couple times a week! My mother loves pork more than Any Other kind of meat! We had them every under the sun except battered and fried. She said batter was for fish or chicken.? looks good man!
I like them about any way you make them. My wife makes a mean sage-rubbed pan-seared, braised chop.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to have that recipe if you don't mind. My toothpaste is sage flavored??
She's like me, doesn't measure much. But roughly, make your rub up with roughly equal amounts of rubbed sage, black pepper and kosher or sea salt. About a table spoon of each will do a couple-three chops. dry them off, and rub them down and preferably, leave them in the fridge all day. Sear them on both sides (with butter) in a really hot cast-iron pan, then add about cup of hot water with a couple teaspoons of Herb-ox granulated beef bouillon dissolved in it. Turn the heat down, put a lid on the pan, and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until they're done. You gotta make some soupy taters (unmashed mashed taters) with them.

They are really, really good, trust me.

chops.jpg

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
She's like me, doesn't measure much. But roughly, make your rub up with roughly equal amounts of rubbed sage, black pepper and kosher or sea salt. About a table spoon of each will do a couple-three chops. dry them off, and rub them down and preferably, leave them in the fridge all day. Sear them on both sides (with butter) in a really hot cast-iron pan, then add about cup of hot water with a couple teaspoons of Herb-ox granulated beef bouillon dissolved in it. Turn the heat down, put a lid on the pan, and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until they're done. You gotta make some soupy taters (unmashed mashed taters) with them.

They are really, really good, trust me.

View attachment 994224
That looks and sounds fantastic! Thanks brother!

naildrvr

I just slobbered in my phone a little bit. Those plates look amazing!

Bream Pole

looks deeeeeeelicious!!!! what's the sauce you have on them?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Kwaksmoka

Brined some big, thick pork chops all day in an apple brine. Grilled them on the Akorn with some pecan smoke, made some smashed red taters and catheads. It was almost edible.

View attachment 994199

NCH care to share that brine? I've got some pork chops in the freezer i'd like to give this a shot with! Really started to use a brine on chicken, turkey and quail!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
NCH care to share that brine? I've got some pork chops in the freezer i'd like to give this a shot with! Really started to use a brine on chicken, turkey and quail!
Sure. I usually use about a cup of apple juice, three cups of water, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup sugar, a good bit of granulated garlic and dried thyme. You can heat it up until the sugar dissolves and then cool it down, but I usually just hit it with an immersion blender.

Kwaksmoka

Sure. I usually use about a cup of apple juice, three cups of water, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup sugar, a good bit of granulated garlic and dried thyme. You can heat it up until the sugar dissolves and then cool it down, but I usually just hit it with an immersion blender.
Much appreciated!!