Let’s See Your Retriever

ghadarits

I posted on this thread when it originally posted with a picture of my yellow girl who is all but retired now. I’m sharing another picture of her and the next great dog who’s feeling her way now and I have to say is impressive.The Drahthaar is a dog like no other I’ve had experience with.

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpeg
    IMG_6086.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 10

Hunter/Mason

70B39BA9-43F3-4B78-A84F-B8AB88E5C7D2.jpegF336AADC-585D-4849-B9D3-7310879EFDBB.jpeg
This is Kane, he a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. He was my sons (13) at the time Christmas present. He worked and trained him mostly himself. A lot of it Kane just wanted to do anyways. He is 3 this year made his 1st retrieve by the time he was 1. And has picked up a pile of birds so far. Probably wouldn’t win any field trials or ribbons. But will be still and look for birds and won’t go till you tell him. Has no trouble finding cripples that get into to woods. He is very soft mouthed. I wish I’d have done more research on the breed. You don’t come in this yard/house uninvited get around the truck when he’s in it ect if he don’t know you. He turns into a bulldog real quick. He was always around when we’d skin a deer so last year my dad shot 1 in the rain and we had no blood. I ran home and got Kane less than 5 mins he found her. So far this year he’s found 1 buck a boy shot. He just seems to do whatever you want him to do.