Live bait source - Newnan area?

cjones

Looks like baseball and soccer may be rained out Saturday, so looking to take the boys out to see if we haven't missed the crappie action (again) this spring.

Anybody know where I can get my hands on some minnows, crickets, etc. in the general area of Newnan (and areas south and west of here)?

TIA,
CJ

Looks like baseball and soccer may be rained out Saturday, so looking to take the boys out to see if we haven't missed the crappie action (again) this spring.

Anybody know where I can get my hands on some minnows, crickets, etc. in the general area of Newnan (and areas south and west of here)?

TIA,
CJ
Try Arnalls Grocery which is really a farm type store

cjones

Try Arnalls Grocery which is really a farm type store

Hmm.. Hadn't thought of them. I haven't heard crickets chirping or seen tubs of minnows there, but maybe they've got something in the 'warehouse'. I'll give them a shot.

Whitefeather

Management Material

TIA,
CJ
There used to be one in Franklin. I can’t remember the name but it’s just across the river on the left ging towards Wedowee

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Arnalls is the only place I know of in newnan. They have em. The store in 27 at the crossroads between ringer and Clark has gotten better about being open to get minnows too.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Arnalls is the only place I know of in newnan. They have em. The store in 27 at the crossroads between ringer and Clark has gotten better about being open to get minnows too.
Both stores at Wares crossroads carry them . If you are heading south and turn right at crossroads like you are going to yellow jacket , the new store at the next crossroads is probably the best bait store in Troup co . They are very generous also

cjones

Thanks folks. Didn't get out last week, but no games scheduled until late Saturday afternoon, so going to try to get out and put the boys on some slabs Saturday morning (along with half the state of Georgia, I'm sure. ha)

cjones

I just wanted to circle back on this in case anyone searched this topic in the future. Arnall Grocery Supply in downtown Newnan DOES have minnows. I think they had a few different sizes. They also had a decent worm selection as well. I can't believe I've never seen it as much as I have been in there the past 10 or so years. They even have "LIVE BAIT" signs in the windows which I had never noticed until we pulled up Saturday morning. Go figure...