Living in and around Albany/Americus area

COYOTE X

One of my men is retired from Albany P.D. His dad lives there and also retired from Albany P.D. His brother is a recently retired school principal in Albany.
So my guy is retiring from us in a few months and I asked him if he's "Going back home"...................Filters will not allow his response.
COYOTE X

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
And Warwick, and worst of all, Poulan. It`s almost as bad as Ludowicci was.

Dawson! My old man was pulled over for speeding twice in Dawson. He never sped a day in his life as far as I know.

SC Hunter

How far are you willing to drive to work? You could not pay me to live in Albany. The crime is ridiculous, the people are rude, I've just never been impressed with anything from Albany.

Americus is alright. Like already mentioned there are a few artsie groups of people there that are good people just different. I worked with the fire department there for 10 years and love the city. The city of Americus has an ISO rating of 1 that helps with insurance a little. My family is from there and I wouldnt hesitate to live there but wouldnt send my kids to the public school. Americus is rich in the Southern Georgia feel but it has rough areas also.

Plains is a poor farming town, if you can work in smithville and live in plains you will enjoy it. Jimmy's niece Kim Fuller lives down town and can show you around.

Ellaville is where I call home and absolutely love it. Small town feel about 25 minutes from Smithville and the school system is good. Small town feel that once you get to know people its home.

Lee county has a good school system from what I understand. I don't know much about lee county though.

Hunting and fishing in this area is awesome and I dont plan to ever leave unless well it would take a heat to make me leave. When you move down here get with me we can get lunch one day.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Here’s another vote for Ellaville. My momma is from Schley County. That’s where I do my hunting. Good little town. But the people there all have families that were there before the Civil War. It could be tough to break in there.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Noah, if you`re in the agricultural business, that might open some doors for you on some of the best hunting you could ever imagine, if you play your cards right.

Live in one of the smaller towns down here, or out in the country in one of the outlying counties, trade and do business in Americus, and you`ll be fine. The fishing and hunting is unbelievable.

Welcome to God`s Country.

SC Hunter

Here’s another vote for Ellaville. My momma is from Schley County. That’s where I do my hunting. Good little town. But the people there all have families that were there before the Civil War. It could be tough to break in there.

Who are your people? I work on the Ambulance here part time and know a heap of people. My parents moved here about 20 years ago for the school system and I love the place. There are a few deer in Schley County

SC Hunter

Noah, if you`re in the agricultural business, that might open some doors for you on some of the best hunting you could ever imagine, if you play your cards right.

Live in one of the smaller towns down here, or out in the country in one of the outlying counties, trade and do business in Americus, and you`ll be fine.

Welcome to God`s Country.
Best advice yet!!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Who are your people? I work on the Ambulance here part time and know a heap of people. My parents moved here about 20 years ago for the school system and I love the place. There are a few deer in Schley County

My granny was Mary Heath. I’m kin to all of the Heaths, McClendons, and the famous Dale Hunter of course. Lol. If you are going down Bumphead from Americus and get where 228 crosses in front of it, turn left toward Ellaville. That old White House on the left before you start down the hill with the old smoke house in the backyard was my granny’s house and now belongs to my momma. I hunt all those woods behind it as well as some land up the dirt road if you kept going straight on Bumphead and crossed over 228. We may know each other.

Last edited:

SC Hunter

My granny was Mary Heath. I’m kin to all of the Heaths, McClendons, and the famous Dale Hunter of course. Lol. If you are going down Bumphead from Americus and get where 228 crosses in front of it, turn left toward Ellaville. That old White House on the left before you start down the hill with the old smoke house in the backyard was my granny’s house and now belongs to my momma. I hunt all those woods behind it as well as some land up the dirt road if you kept going straight on Bumphead and crossed over 228. We may know each other.
I know the exact house your talking about. I know Gene Heath very well, ate breakfast with his daddy yesterday morning at main street grill. I knew Jessie McClendon before he passed away and we used to coon hunt the pecan orchard at Lacrosse and 271. I've coon hunted the property just across from your grannys house years ago. My Grandparents own Granny's Kitchen and my mama and brother run it for the most part now. My name is Michael Hortman.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

I`ve seen that home too. Looks like a lot of good memories were made there.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Michael, I hope Granny has a full and speedy recovery. My regards to your Family.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I know the exact house your talking about. I know Gene Heath very well, ate breakfast with his daddy yesterday morning at main street grill. I knew Jessie McClendon before he passed away and we used to coon hunt the pecan orchard at Lacrosse and 271. I've coon hunted the property just across from your grannys house years ago. My Grandparents own Granny's Kitchen and my mama and brother run it for the most part now. My name is Michael Hortman.

Ok I’ve heard of you. You could tree a coon in that pecan orchard across from uncle Jesse’s when you couldn’t tree one anywhere else. I’m guessing you hunted my cousin Johnny’s or Wayne’s. You ate with Ronnie this morning? I saw him Sunday but didn’t get to talk to him.

SC Hunter

Ok I’ve heard of you. You could tree a coon in that pecan orchard across from uncle Jesse’s when you couldn’t tree one anywhere else. I’m guessing you hunted my cousin Johnny’s or Wayne’s. You ate with Ronnie this morning? I saw him Sunday but didn’t get to talk to him.
Absolutely that pecan orchard was a sure thing. I hunted with Jack Carver on the north side of 228. I saw Ronnie yesterday morning eating breakfast with Bruce and Scott Manucy and Ronnie stopped and talked for a bit.

Big Foot

Either way, you got buy a Supeduty 250 to be one of the boys....

Ol 1500 don’t cut it no more down there....gots to spend 75k on your truck and blare Luke Bryan

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Either way, you got buy a Supeduty 250 to be one of the boys....

Ol 1500 don’t cut it no more down there....gots to spend 75k on your truck and blare Luke Bryan

Lol. Not hardly. They are the minority and we make fun of them. Most of them are Florida hunters too. Luke Bryan? Never heard of her.