Long Range Muzzle Brake

ajtowe

Recently got into the long range shooting world. Hitting a steel at long range is just addicting and I’m wondering if a muzzle brake is actually worth it. If so what’s a good one for a Bergara 6.5 Creedmoor?
Not looking to break the bank just seeing what people’s opinions are.
Forgive me if this isn’t the correct forum Thanks

bullgator

I bought an American Precision Arms Little Bas***d brake. I’m completely satisfied and they’re made in Jefferson Georgia.

Dub

Forgive my ignorance.

Does a brake on a 6.5CM allow you to see impact on target?

Does it calm things down enough so you can stay on the scope ?

That would be cool.

Jester896

Senior Clown

many times that is caused by other flaws...a brake won't fix that...just slows it up

Reactions: Dub

Geezer Ray

Master Jester896, Sir, if I may ask, what other flaws are you speaking of? I always thought it was just me blinking in anticipation of pain in my old shoulder.

bullgator

Forgive my ignorance.

That would be cool.
That should be one of the benefits.

ChidJ

Really almost any muzzle brake made by a company with known quality will do about the same thing. The only reason to perhaps be discerning is if you have a look that you like in particular or you have a suppressor that utilizes a brake for a quick attach system.

As for seeing your shots, thats about setting up a solid shooting position, controlling recoil, and looking through a decent piece of glass more than anything

bullgator

Precisionrifleblog.com has a lot of articles on PRS equipment including muzzle brakes. They’ve done test on different brands and designs as well as a poll of what the professional shooters use.