Looking for a new rifle

menhadenman

Just bought the Tikka T3x in .308 2 months ago. It is a sweet rifle. Have not hunted with it, just sighting it in. 3 shots and zeroed. I got mine in wood stock however, I am old school tradition. Can't wait to get in a stand with it this coming fall.
Check out that Norma ammo that PSA had for $20. Shoots 1/2 moa in my T3X. Boat tail soft point will surely get it done!

earlthegoat2

I have the Desert Tactical in 6.5 CM and it is decidedly not light weight.

Inexpensive and accurate though.

I will see how I deal with the weight this year. I would stand hunt with it so weight is not a huge deal. I’m used to sub-8lb fully kitted rifles though and this one is right at 10.

bighonkinjeep

This Savage Storm 110 lightweight in stainless. It has a a tang safety thats right where the safety should be on a rifle. The lightweight comes with adjustable length of pull, a 20" lightweight sporter barrel, fluted bolt and lightening cuts on the receiver. Have 4" cut off the barrel and threaded. Then enjoy your compact 5# rifle at a bargain.

The virtually idiot proof adjustable accutrigger that most everyone else has tried to copy, The fastest lock time, simple barrel swaps, plenty of aftermarket and their well deserved reputation for accuracy are also good reasons to choose a Savage. Doesnt hurt that The Savage 110 is the rifle with the longest continuious production in the U.S.A.

The tactical models have those long heavy bolt handles and fat barrels. They shoot great but 3# heavier I'd go with a lightweight hunter.

I have an old Savage model 11 flatback in .308 with a sporter profile barrel that I cut down to 16" and threaded. Also cut the LOP down to 12". It is 36" overall length, light, handles super well and shoots accurately out to any sane hunting distance. One of my favorites, a fun project and a bargain.20220924_111328~2.jpg

Last edited:

FlipKing

If money isn't an issue, Springfield Waypoint. Dang near custom. My 9 year old killed 2 with it last year.
20221015_075652.jpg