Looking for new trail cameras - need suggestions

RamblinWreck

Well sugar ants infested my Moultrie and my old ScoutGuard has become flaky and unreliable, so I am in the market as well. I think I'll wait until after hunting season to buy unless there are some screaming cyber-Monday deals out there.

The ScoutGuard had very visible night LEDs, and a lot of night shots are of deer looking startled or staring at the cam, but pigs ignored it. So I definitely want the non-visible (black) LEDs. Now it just seems to miss a lot of deer, or not even trigger. I put it on a hot scrape with new batteries, and it had no pics a week later even though the scrape had been worked a lot. (n)

The Moultrie has very slow trigger time, and missed the horns on a lot of deer. All I learned was that there were some deer around with very large hams. Seemed to trigger on does and spikes but miss the big bucks I know are around. (n) Then the ants got inside and laid eggs all over the sensor and made a mess. I got them all out but the pics have dead spots now.

Hunting Teacher

I've been through a pile of brands. After 10 years, my Cuddebacks finally started dying. They just didn't always have the clearest pictures.
I tried Spy Points on the recommendation of a friend who runs probably 25-40 cameras year around. Had the first of six for four years now. They all work perfect. Takes clear pictures, and the battery life is simply amazing!
Give one a try.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Returned the 2 cameras to Sam's Sunday. Hoping to find some Moultries on sale.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve got or had 2 or 3 of each , and the last couple of years all I use are the WGI , last just as long as any to me , excellent photos, and by far the easiest to use ! Oh and cost less

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I’ve got or had 2 or 3 of each , and the last couple of years all I use are the WGI , last just as long as any to me , excellent photos, and by far the easiest to use ! Oh and cost less

That is why over the past 8 1/2 years, I have used ONLY WGI cameras and I have purchased a total of 84 of them to date. I have posted 100's of photos here on this website during this time as well. I do have a total assortment of various models and have some cameras that have lasted past 5 years as well. I have NEVER paid over $100 for any WGI camera either.

The biggest problem that I see now is the fact that some of the current WGI models are not up to par with their previous ones and I am having a really hard time finding the best models that I know have worked really well for me. I frequently order new WGI cameras from Amazon and also E-BAY when I can find them but it is not easy to find the ones that I like at this point. I have also bought a lot of them when they have a big sale from SIMMON'S SPORTING GOODS in Bastrop, La as well over the years. They have some really good employees there that have been very helpful to me.

So far, since January 1st of this year, my WGI cameras have taken a total of 167,866 photos and I have reviewed every photo to decide to keep it or delete it. I do have a very large library of my Trail-Cam photos covering all of these years. After last week, my WGI cameras have now taken over 1,000,000 photos and I don't want to use any other brands because they have worked great for me.

ucfireman

I have bought 1 wildgame and couldn't get it to work reliably.
That said Walmart in Newnan has a ton of some type of wildgame for 48 each. I was tempted but didn't. Might if still there next week.

Buck Dropper

Bushnell is the most reliable camera brand I have ever owned. I have a 6 year old Trophy Cam HD from them that still operates like it did in 2012.

I also have two Spypoint Solar-W cameras. They are very interesting... solar panel built in to the top of the camera. Trigger speed compares to a Reconyx for $400 less. Great daytime picture quality but night pics tend to be blurry. What sets the camera apart is that you can literally run it with no batteries. I had one out for several months with no batteries whatsoever; just made sure it got some sun. You can put AA batteries in as backup to the solar. Overall a great camera. I got one for $60 brand new from a guy on Facebook Marketplace. I try to put them on food plots/corn piles so if there are blurry night pics, more than likely they are going to stay and eat a while so I will get some good ones.

I am considering an Exodus trail cam for my next buy. Check them out. Up and coming company.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Bushnell is the most reliable camera brand I have ever owned. I have a 6 year old Trophy Cam HD from them that still operates like it did in 2012.

I also have two Spypoint Solar-W cameras. They are very interesting... solar panel built in to the top of the camera. Trigger speed compares to a Reconyx for $400 less. Great daytime picture quality but night pics tend to be blurry. What sets the camera apart is that you can literally run it with no batteries. I had one out for several months with no batteries whatsoever; just made sure it got some sun. You can put AA batteries in as backup to the solar. Overall a great camera. I got one for $60 brand new from a guy on Facebook Marketplace. I try to put them on food plots/corn piles so if there are blurry night pics, more than likely they are going to stay and eat a while so I will get some good ones.

I am considering an Exodus trail cam for my next buy. Check them out. Up and coming company.
I AGREE BUSHNELL IS THE BEST FOR THE MONEY $99 at Walmart