Lost my best friend

poohbear

We just went thu the exact same thing with our Shih Tzu....I gave her the IV fluid at home daily for almost 1 year..200ml every day...She slowly got weaker and stopped eating on Wed night and Sat AM she went to the Rainbow Bridge..She was 12 yrs old....
We managed to keep Java alive for almost 4 year and if it would have been in the cards we would have kept it up for ever , Vet said it was longest one they had seen live after diagnose , they had had him for a week before labor day weekend and had him up in good spirits , we had a trip planned to Edisto island so we went on the first day he ate and seemed fine but the second day he quit eating and we could tell he was going down hill. So we cut our trip short headed home to our vet to put him down we knew the fight was over he was a really sick boy by the time we reached home. He didn’t seem to see us or really know us. But he was a fighter.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nothing quite like man’s best friend , just know you gave him the best life he could of had !

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Sorry for your loss, bud. Pets are like family, and it hurts like crazy to lose one, especially one you’ve had for many years. Looks like you gave him a great life.

My cat in my avatar (Lady G.) used to do the same thing as your dog, by nudging my hand with her head to get me to pet her. When she would hop up in my lap, she would nudge my hand for me to pet her. If I stopped, she’d nudge me again. That was so cute.

poohbear

Sorry for your loss, bud. Pets are like family, and it hurts like crazy to lose one, especially one you’ve had for many years. Looks like you gave him a great life.

My cat in my avatar (Lady G.) used to do the same thing as your dog, by nudging my hand with her head to get me to pet her. When she would hop up in my lap, she would nudge my hand for me to pet her. If I stopped, she’d nudge me again. That was so cute.
Yes it is tough I’ve lost pets before and yes it was hard then but this one was one special guy he never met a stranger he would gain attention from anyone. I don’t know if animals go to heaven . I hope so , so I can see him again someday. He will surly be missed.