Luck versus Skill

short stop

hard work =SUCCESS .Going hunting once or twice a season wont get it done ---take my word I hunt almost 5 or 6 days a week in absolute prime deer huntin country I see good deer every year and take 1 too!BUT I HAVE ALSO DONE IT ON PUBLIC GROUND in areas that looked like a pumpkin patch . luck YEAH right sure if I kill a good buck on your property with no scouting just go in blind sit on a rock ---luck . if I hunt 5 days a week and pass up shot after shot at 2 1/2 year old bucks ---waiting for my MAC DADDY ----SKILL 99% SKILL 1% luck '' stop whinin an get off the couch you aint goin to kill a big buck sittin on your Tail ""My late grandfather said this many times to a whinin brat :bounce: till he finally learned to do something about it ----SS

(Edited for typing around the censor)

dbodkin

By doing your homework, study the game, work on strategy, woodsman ship.. I believe they all increase your chances (Luck) of harvesting game...

Walkie Takie

Luck Or Skill

I.will take luck any day over skill , it's luck w/ most bucks walk by you, it's luck your looking that way at the right time , it's luck when you do get the shot and then all that skill you have , come's in to play , shot placement and tracking skills ???
luck 90 % skill 10 % good luck w/t

stumpman

Banned
when you pass up all the young bucks waitin on boss daddy your lucky if he comes by thats why hes boss daddy because no one has been lucky enough to shoot him.

Handgunner

early riser said:
We had a Dr. put in writing on one of my wifes medical reports that he had inspected her galbladder and it appeared to be fine. ::huh: The problem with that statement "in writing" is that my wife had her galbladder surgically removed some 10+ years ago. SHE DOESN'T HAVE ONE ::huh: :speechles SERIOUSLY!

Ouch! I hope you pointed this out to said "doctor"! And I use that term very loosely! :banginghe

Megadawg

Knowing when to go, how to get there, and where to go is not always easy. However dumb luck is all part of it.I would say it is 50/50. If a deer walks by your stand at 20 yards consistanly i would say that is skill but if he comes out at any beyond 50 from time to time i would say that is luck. Some would say move your stand but i always try to remember MURPHYS LAW.....

Last edited:

sgsjr

Banned
If you become as comfortable and a part of the outdoors as the animals that live there, finding them is no problem. I dont know many weekend hunters that can get that comfortable.