MAY 16th, GOAT ROCK CATFISH TOURNAMENT

brother hilljack

bh show us a few pics of that catboat in the background. I would like to see how you have your rod holders set up.

I will get a couple of pics for you in the morning! Nothing sexy here I am afraid!

brother hilljack

Eddie, thanks bro!

SOS here are a couple of photos of how the boat is set up. Very simple. 2x4 frame with adjustable rod holders on it. The holders are from Cabelas: 2 for $12. They adjust 360 degrees and from 0-45 degree angles. Very user friendly.

Attachments

• 100_1352.jpg
    100_1352.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_1351.jpg
    100_1351.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 508

Sultan of Slime

Good lookin ride BH.
You should check out these rod holders. I used them all last year on J_seph's boat and they will hold up to the big fish.They are dual angle.No welds on these like on certain other name brand rod holders.I get these for $10 a piece and that's including the bases in your style choice.And free shipping!!!!
I bought a dozen to put on my boat this season.

Attachments

• rh1.jpg
    rh1.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 475
  • rh2.jpg
    rh2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 460

brother hilljack

Those are pretty nice. What is the company that is making those. Do you think they would be interested in sponsoring a catfish club??

brother hilljack

Thanks brother, I do like the way they look and could use some more uniformity on the sides of my boat. Perhaps I will check them out.

brother hilljack

heard a report of flatheads being caught out of Goat Rock this past week. I will let you know once I hear more

MASTERBASS02

Getting the boat ready for catfish. A man was catching some nice cats sat @ goatrock.i seen him catch about 5 or 6 5lb to 10lb range. Couple guys from the bank had a few nice ones to. You should have a couple bank fishers for the tournament if they hear about it.

brother hilljack

Sounds great! Thanks for posting an update on Goat Rock! The advertising campaign will get real active about 2 weeks before the event, so everyone should know about it. If you need any help with setting up your boat for the cats, give me a shout!

brother hilljack

Where is Goat Rock?

Goat rock is on the Chattahoochee river just north of Columbus. There are 3 lakes, Goat rock is in the middle. Northern limit is Barlett's ferry dam, southern limit is Goat rock dam. Great fishery with dams on both ends. Will challenge us all I am sure. Locals have many reports of 20 plus pound flatheads and Blues!

I personally have only been on the lake one time, but will have more info as the event gets near. I know that there is some 40 plus feet of water here with plenty of structure

brother hilljack

Less than 1 month until the Goat Rock event! Hope everyone has taken the time to start getting ready to fish. You should start seeing more info coming out about the event as it draws closer. Hope to see you there

MASTERBASS02

Getting ready. Just got me a few new reels for strictly cats and building a rig for the boat.is there a rule to how many hooks can be on one pole?