MAY 16th, GOAT ROCK CATFISH TOURNAMENT

brother hilljack

No limit that I am aware of. I have been getting reports of some people prefishing, but I have not got out there yet. Perhaps on Tuesday or Thursday I can make it. Will be up there for sure on Saturday

brunofishing

I was on goat rock last night, fishing for lmbs, we saw a cat that was white and weighed at least 10 or 12 pounds. Good luck catching him boys.

brother hilljack

lake looked real good this morning. Did not get to fish. Powerpack went bad on my motor and I lost all spark.

Water temp was 63 degrees in the early morning, bet it hits 65 by the end of today

brother hilljack

Only two weeks to get ready for our tournament at Goat Rock. If you are planning of attending please shoot me an email. I would like to be able to estimate the turnout so that I can plan accordingly!

Hope to see you there

brother hilljack

I am hoping to get a good showing! The GON has done quite well in getting the word out. We are even listed in the cast for cash calender.............................twice!

brother hilljack

Went to Goat Rock today and it looks real good. Before the rain, water temp was around 76-78 degrees. Water was clear. After the rain, water temp dropped off to around 72 degrees. Areas with incoming creeks became very muddy and there were some pretty good sized logs floating. Fish seemed to be hanging out in water of medium depth 20-30 feet. This surprised me as I would have expected them to be moving shallow by now?

Great news for the tournament! Leonard Worthy Jr. & the South Georgia Benchrest Shooters are sponsoring the Big Fish for our event. In addition to the big fish pot; Leonard is paying $2.00 per pound to the winner of the big fish. For example, if the big fish weighs 22 pounds, then there will be a $44 dollar bonus! Please take the time to thank Leonard and contact him for any information you need about the South Georgia Benchrest Shooters. His email is: LEWORTHY@southernco.com

So far it looks like we have 8-9 boats fishing the Goat Rock event. If you are planning on fishing and have not contacted me, please do so as soon as possible.

Sultan of Slime

Guys if you want to tournament catfish give this tourney trail a try.This is good for trophy catfishing in GA. So show Shane your support and try to haul in a Monster Cat!!!

brother hilljack

Only 1 week remains until the Goat Rock event. Was at the lake this morning and everything is looking real good. Current rains should cool the water some and provide us with some better fishing conditions.

Check out the first post in this thread for complete details

brother hilljack

Event was a great success! Full results will be posted shortly. Don't forget to check the thread for our next event on June 20th. This will be a nighttime event