MEAT! 1 HP Grinder (#22), first run with a decent mountain doe

menhadenman

I've used hand grinders through my teens and 20s, cheaper electric ones in my 30s, and after running a couple hogs through the cheaper electric ones in my 40s, I went big last spring and dropped money on a 1 HP grinder. After what was way too long of a wait, I landed on the newer MEAT! company based on a few good reviews.

My middle boy (9) whacked a doe a couple days ago and I finally gave it a run this morning. Couldn't be more impressed. I would be stretching it if I said it took 2 minutes to run through the shoulders and some hindquarter meet. It's pretty heavy duty and has nice features. I look forward to running a hog, bear, and deer through it, hopefully before the winter is out.

The only knock I'd say is it doesn't come with a foot pedal (I had one though), and the safety thing on the hopper is a bit much (but removable).

Thought I'd share in case there's anyone looking to make the plunge for a bigger grinder. And please spare me the "I do it with a $40 grinder" comments, I already know there are more resourceful folks out there than myself :). But I won't be haggling with a slow grinder with deer, hogs, and elk for the rest of my life (y).

If you keep an eye out, they run 25% off and free shipping sales now and then. I'll update this if I change my mind or see anything odd.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

earlthegoat2

I have a 3/4 hp LEM and probably wouldn’t hunt if I didn’t have it. Hah. No I still would but hand grinding is for the birds after using a GOOD powered grinder.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I've used hand grinders through my teens and 20s, cheaper electric ones in my 30s, and after running a couple hogs through the cheaper electric ones in my 40s, I went big last spring and dropped money on a 1 HP grinder. After what was way too long of a wait, I landed on the newer MEAT! company based on a few good reviews.

My middle boy (9) whacked a doe a couple days ago and I finally gave it a run this morning. Couldn't be more impressed. I would be stretching it if I said it took 2 minutes to run through the shoulders and some hindquarter meet. It's pretty heavy duty and has nice features. I look forward to running a hog, bear, and deer through it, hopefully before the winter is out.

The only knock I'd say is it doesn't come with a foot pedal (I had one though), and the safety thing on the hopper is a bit much (but removable).

Thought I'd share in case there's anyone looking to make the plunge for a bigger grinder. And please spare me the "I do it with a $40 grinder" comments, I already know there are more resourceful folks out there than myself :). But I won't be haggling with a slow grinder with deer, hogs, and elk for the rest of my life (y).

If you keep an eye out, they run 25% off and free shipping sales now and then. I'll update this if I change my mind or see anything odd.

View attachment 1188882View attachment 1188883View attachment 1188884
Good grind on that. You'll be making sausage before you know it!

2dye4

Looks just like the one I bought from Cabelas a long time ago. It’s payed for itself many times for what it costs today to get a deer processed.

sportsman94

Congrats on the upgrade! I upgraded to a 1hp LEM a few years ago and it’s been great. Kind of wish I would have bought the 1.5hp now, but I’m still happy with my purchase. Would love for you to keep us informed with the continued quality of MEAT products. I’ve looked at several of their pieces of equipment over the years

hawkeye123

Looks great got the 3/4 Lem it does great. Will upgrade when it wears out to a 1 or a 1.5 next..good grinder makes it fun instead of a chore!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Looks awesome and that’s some fine chunks of meat! Are you gonna add any fat?