Meopta Optika5 2-10x42 (AR project pics added now)

Jim Boyd

I am not totally sold on the reticle but the glass is very nice.

Glassed a bit from the porch as it got dark.

Seems ok for a lower end scope so far.

We will see!

FEF44F97-DBC6-4BCC-ADC6-ED29D951CCF2.pngF124324A-EA64-4B06-98BD-811997C0726F.jpegA4A35001-38E7-4EBD-8562-A82A5C7023F6.jpeg7FC614DB-6C6C-4F35-A3E5-2839F44D65CC.jpeg

bman940

Very nice! You can dial in the drops using Strelok Pro too. Makes for quick and accurate long-range shots. I have one and couldn't be happier. Mine doesn't have the parallax adjustment tho, wish it did.

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That is SWEEET! Love it! I need to build another AR just so I can have one with a scope!

Jim Boyd

Very nice! You can dial in the drops using Strelok Pro too. Makes for quick and accurate long range shots. I have one and cound't be happier. Mine doens't have the parallax adjustment tho, wish it did.

I don’t know how to do that but I would be interested!

Jim Boyd

Jim, have you looked at German Precision Optics (GPO)? They have captured a lot of market share in recent years.

GGO

Looked at their site and see industrial but no rifle scopes?

Hard to beat the Germans!!!!!

Jim Boyd

Jim, have you looked at German Precision Optics (GPO)? They have captured a lot of market share in recent years.

German precision optics… But made in Asia?

Jim Boyd

Look at Vortex…..

I know Vortex well and have binos and monocular from them.

Good products.

Hard to beat the Europeans, though!

lonewolf247

I think you've made a good choice Jim! I've been tempted to order that exact riflescope myself. I can't say enough about my satisfaction with the Meopta scopes I have. I haven't bought an Optika line scope yet, but I wouldn't hesitate if I needed a new riflescope. Give us some more feedback when you have a chance to do some field testing!

sleepr71

Good choice on a 2-10X. You will like that little rifle. Not much recoil & fast follow ups. Sight it 2” high at 100 & feel confident to hold dead center out to 250. IF you can find Federal Fusions..they perform well for a factory round,as does the SST. I’ve killed a few with the SST & not been disappointed. No exit at 400 yds..but put the animal down within 50 yds of impact. I would compare it to a .243 as far as Kinetic energy & performance on game..? I have yet to find any…but “Cavity Back” bullets are supposed to be the Cats meow for 6.5 G & other, slower velocity rounds. I think they mushroom down to 1900FPS. I would NOT use a monolithic/all copper projectile in the 6.5G. Just not enough velocity?

Jim Boyd

Here is a before photo of the project along with a few “after” pics.

Time to head to the range.

We are in the process of setting up a 200 meter range at our farm. Yet another project.

62B84067-20F8-40F9-A860-5F0A13EE8399.jpeg31B27DA9-21CE-47C3-BFAC-04B1A093D4E4.jpeg07EB203E-5C5D-4CBD-8E1E-F519DC82D5BF.jpeg443B43E6-6A28-4A19-A0F0-D7B4C38F959A.jpeg15AD4D35-DC52-4088-93CF-7FC61C56F68D.jpegA04111A5-119B-442B-B334-DC49EBEDDF41.jpeg

Jim Boyd

I think you've made a good choice Jim! I've been tempted to order that exact riflescope myself. I can't say enough about my satisfaction with the Meopta scopes I have. I haven't bought an Optika line scope yet, but I wouldn't hesitate if I needed a new riflescope. Give us some more feedback when you have a chance to do some field testing!

Thanks Lonewolf!

Ready to head to the range now!

Jim Boyd

Good choice on a 2-10X. You will like that little rifle. Not much recoil & fast follow ups. Sight it 2” high at 100 & feel confident to hold dead center out to 250. IF you can find Federal Fusions..they perform well for a factory round,as does the SST. I’ve killed a few with the SST & not been disappointed. No exit at 400 yds..but put the animal down within 50 yds of impact. I would compare it to a .243 as far as Kinetic energy & performance on game..? I have yet to find any…but “Cavity Back” bullets are supposed to be the Cats meow for 6.5 G & other, slower velocity rounds. I think they mushroom down to 1900FPS. I would NOT use a monolithic/all copper projectile in the 6.5G. Just not enough velocity?

Yessir, Sleepr - ammo is not easy to find.

I have plenty of FMJ and some hunting rounds - will watch over the summer and see what happens.

Thanks, sir!!!