Meriwether county brute

Ain't that the way it goes!?........Don't ya just wish that buck would respect property lines and stay on your property? Likeyou mentioned, NO one would pass that one up.
Amen brother! I only own 80 acres but it is heavily marked with posted signs and no trespassing signs. He had to see them?

Madsnooker

And then there’s this pic from Sunday October 2. Big boy was killed on adjacent property that I previously said was hunted minimally. I do not include hunters face due to not knowing him. Congratulations to him, that is a beautiful buck!View attachment 1180998
Unfortunately I know that feeling all to well but that's deer hunting. Just be happy for the other hunter and the good Lord may just bless you one day with one bigger! :wink:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo to that guy and boohoo to you! Dang that straight up sucks and I’ll say it! Sure move on blah blah, but a gut punch like this? Give me some time to get over this one! Man I hate it for you……I kinda had a similar experience 2 or 3 years ago and it was a royal bummer! In my case I found the buck with no head, body to waste.
After a few sulking days and convincing or perhaps just realizing how stupid the whole idea of my deer your deer etc was, I was back at it having fun! Unless it’s in a fence it is everyone’s deer. Might want to send those pics to the hunter who’s was lucky enough to get him! I know I’d love it ifn it was me!:cheers:

Woohoo to that guy and boohoo to you! Dang that straight up sucks and I’ll say it! Sure move on blah blah, but a gut punch like this? Give me some time to get over this one! Man I hate it for you……I kinda had a similar experience 2 or 3 years ago and it was a royal bummer! In my case I found the buck with no head, body to waste.
After a few sulking days and convincing or perhaps just realizing how stupid the whole idea of my deer your deer etc was, I was back at it having fun! Unless it’s in a fence it is everyone’s deer. Might want to send those pics to the hunter who’s was lucky enough to get him! I know I’d love it ifn it was me!:cheers:
Well, I’ve had a week to digest the whole story. Absolutely NO HARD FEELINGS! this is a perfect example of the old “ right place at the right time” saying. I have been deer hunting for 40+ years, and you give me a shot at that buck and I’ll take it everyday, regardless who has him on camera. It was absolutely a gut punch though. i would love to see the rack or mount in person one day.