Meriwether county brute

I am strictly archery only, so getting a good 40 yds or less, broadside & stationary shot takes a lot of luck! Not to mention clearing proper shooting lanes, wind & superb scent control. I’ll find out how lucky I am, starting on 9/10.
Wish you all the best in that.. I too am bow only. Luck is a lot of it for sure. 150 walk by me and you gonna here THWACK ! Nuff said get the truck got one going for a ride fellas …

sleepr71

Close to 150. Short brows may hold him back a little…but that is a FINE deer for GA! Unless he was on a HUGE piece of property…I’d have to shoot him ASAP. Nobody else is going to pass him up & he may get ran over by a car during the rut ?. I hunted one like that for 5 years..until My neighbor across the road killed him 2nd week of November…headed to work one morning. She was so mad that “That durn Deer tore my truck to pieces”…”He was HUGE”..and it busted his rack all to pieces?. Nobody even salvaged any of the meat. I bet he weighed 250lbs. Still makes me sick! Take em when you can ?

Last edited:
Close to 150. Short brows may hold him back a little…but that is a FINE deer for GA! Unless he was on a HUGE piece of property…I’d have to shoot him ASAP. Nobody else is going to pass him up & he may get ran over by a car during the rut ?. I hunted one like that for 5 years..until My neighbor across the road killed him 2nd week of November…headed to work one morning. She was so mad that “That durn Deer tore my truck to pieces”…”He was HUGE”..and it busted his rack all to pieces?. Nobody even salvaged any of the meat. I bet he weighed 250lbs. Still makes me sick! Take em when you can ?
My thoughts exactly. Roughly 800 acres of timber company land across paved road from me, minimally hunted actually, plus around 1200 acres south of me, which is also minimally hunted. But NO ONE would pass on that deer I’m afraid. I hate to shoot him out of fear someone else would kill him, if that makes sense?

Thats a good one. He still looks young to me, but would get no older if I had a chance at him. Good luck.
I totally agree that he looks young. Probably 3 1/2 years? I really don’t want to shoot him, if the oppurtunity arises out of fear someone else will. That said, I own 120 acres surrounded by roughly 1200 acres family land to my south and 800 acres of timber company land to my west, both are actually hunted minimally. I would hate to pass him up, only to see him on the cover of GON December issue. ?

I totally agree that he looks young. Probably 3 1/2 years? I really don’t want to shoot him, if the oppurtunity arises out of fear someone else will. That said, I own 120 acres surrounded by roughly 1200 acres family land to my south and 800 acres of timber company land to my west, both are actually hunted minimally. I would hate to pass him up, only to see him on the cover of GON December issue. ?
You heard the saying don’t pass a deer up that you will regret it later. We will see YOU. On the cover of December

Long Cut

Nice buck.

Be careful how many people you show that picture too. Nowadays you’ll have folks poaching, out-bidding your lease or buying the land next door to kill that caliber of deer.

Don’t believe me, look at what happened to Little Creek Bow Club in Meriwether.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
147 1/16, lacking brows really is only thing hurting him. When you look for a deer in the 150s in ga it really takes everything

CaptKeith

Whether he’s 150, he’s certainly a beauty and would look spectacular on your wall!

greg j

Ain't that the way it goes!?........Don't ya just wish that buck would respect property lines and stay on your property? Likeyou mentioned, NO one would pass that one up.

Latest posts