Michael Waddell speaks the truth!

poisonarrow

I don't watch hunting shows, I've watched a few youtube videos about wild hog hunting, mostly to try and learn something about how they act and react, I don't go buy products because so and so uses them, or billy joe bob kilt a big 12pt when he was using blah blah, I know little to nothing about Waddell, except I constantly see his name on different products in the hunting section of stores, far as I know I've never bought anything he's associated with.

That being said I am going to a Whitetail banquet that is being held at Adventure outdoors this next Friday evening , and he is supposed to be the guest speaker, I don't normally go to things like that, but got invited by a friend and some others I know are going, so maybe I'll get a sense of the guy ? kinda wish it was somewhere other than Adventure outdoors, as I don't really care for the place, but we'll see what its all about , and I'll see how he comes across, maybe he's just a regular guy ? or maybe not ?

I am the Field Director that puts that banquet together. Make sure you get with me and I will introduce you to Michael. You can make your own opinion of him. Thanks for coming out, and I look forward to seeing you there.

i guess he knows what all those people are about that he just bashed?

I did not say he didn't promote hunting, I said the TV part is all about the money. the folks watching the shows are already hunters. where he got started at with realtree monster bucks, what was that purpose? to promote hunting? no to promote a brand of camo. as an off shoot it heavily promoted TROPHY hunting. he played a big part in this promotion, and I saw just the other day where he had another rant about how hunting has lost its roots and too much trophy hunting. well buddy you played a huge part in that. I don't dislike the guy or think he is bad for the sport. however I don't care for all the lecturing he seems to do lately, and I think the reality show certainly is trying to just cash in

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
As a rule I don't watch hunting or fishing shows on TV. Too much of today's airtime is filled with successful kills and catches, and not about the reality of hunting and fishing.

Back when I did watch such shows there was a guy named Tred Barta, I think from New Jersey, that had a show that I just couldn't watch. As time has gone by I find myself appreciating his show more and more. He was one of the few TV celebrities who showed both his successes and failures, and many times he challenged himself by hunting only with a longbow.

Don't get me wrong, I am not about to challenge myself to the degree that he did. I just don't get enough time in the woods to only hunt with primitive weapons, but I do think that so much of what is wrong with "today's TV shows" is that they are not reality for the average guy.

Ain't like I kill a deer everytime I go to the woods, but evey week a mega toad gets smoked on this 30 minute episode of most outdoors shows!

Any more I do appreciate old Tred for showing the reality of slopping around in the woods for days on end, only to miss the shot when opportunity finally presents itself.

Enjoy your time in the woods and on the water guys, as life is short.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I’d enjoy seeing a buncha mo nobody’s on his show.
It’s that look he only gets in his eyes just split seconds before he shoots that tells me he’s for real on the inside.

Good stuff.

8pointduck

"always thought he did a great job of promoting hunting and our 2A right".

He may but many "celebrity" hunters
are the worse advocates for the 2A , they don't recognize that the left wants to get rid of ALL guns, not just AR's but all semi-auto's and the rest. I've heard many of them say , who cares about Mag limits for ammo , who cares about AR15's. As long as they don't come after my Remington 1100 or my Thompson Center , bla bla. wake up Elmer Fudd!
You have? Which ones? When did they do it? I hear this stuff all the time but no one yet has been able to tell who. And you get on a hunting forum using the insult of FUDD? Yeah ,I take offense. And, I bet I have more ,different types of firearms, than most here.

8pointduck

i guess he knows what all those people are about that he just bashed?

I did not say he didn't promote hunting, I said the TV part is all about the money. the folks watching the shows are already hunters. where he got started at with realtree monster bucks, what was that purpose? to promote hunting? no to promote a brand of camo. as an off shoot it heavily promoted TROPHY hunting. he played a big part in this promotion, and I saw just the other day where he had another rant about how hunting has lost its roots and too much trophy hunting. well buddy you played a huge part in that. I don't dislike the guy or think he is bad for the sport. however I don't care for all the lecturing he seems to do lately, and I think the reality show certainly is trying to just cash in
Have you ever thought that maybe he and others have seen the damage they have done to hunting as a whole and now wants to right a wrong. I see it as a wrong. I can understand what you are saying, and I could easily view it the same way.

Tom W.

There's a place named "Booger Bottom" just west of Eufaula on Cottonhill road....

Gumpbuck

1549562920626.png

It's just TV Guys... I think there have been plenty of good points made here, but in the end, it's just TV. I'm not offended by the shows and I'm not disappointed when I come back from a hunt and don't see a 170 class deer. I know the reality of my sport.

I've met Michael Waddell and would agree that he is a down to earth and genuine guy. I've also met David Blanton and would say the same.

If I had the chance to make a living by doing what they do, I'd jump at it.

We have much more important things to be upset about in the world.

And just so you know, what's on my TV depends on who gets the remote first. If it's me, it's the Outdoor Channel. If it's my wife, it's "Say yes to the Dress..." and Daddy is not brave enough to fight her for the remote. LOL.

b rad

You have? Which ones? When did they do it? I hear this stuff all the time but no one yet has been able to tell who. And you get on a hunting forum using the insult of FUDD? Yeah ,I take offense. And, I bet I have more ,different types of firearms, than most here.

theres a lot of fudds out there that dont respect the 2A , look at chipper jones and few other tv hunters i can post names and articles of all them. they go out and say we dont need AR 15s and this and that. and yes i will call a fake elmer fudd out when im arguing gun rights to an idiot hunter who says its cool i dont own a AR anyways im good with my shotgun or rifle for hunting who needs an ar carrying 1000 rounds anyways typical leftist rhetoric. the 2A isnt about hunting anyways.