Minn Kota Ulterra help

Big Foot

Hello all,

Looking for some help on my Minn Kota Ulterra, all new batteries, remote and boat- plug good too. Stow and deploy, trim all works but, right and left direction does NOT. Right and left will try to signal the motor in the stowed position, but when deployed those 2 buttons are dead on remote…

Any DIY ideas? I really really really don’t want to take it to the man, - it does not have quick release and they charge extra 150 to work on it if it’s mounted to the boat.

Thank you in advance.

Arrow3

I can't help you with the motor. I just had my power drive worked on as well. Before you take it anywhere, send me a private message.

ilbcnu

If you keep the motor plugged in while charging it can cause issues with the mother board. No where in the literature does it say to unplug during charging but it's a good practice with those trolling motors. Did you try a reset?

LowerAl

If you keep the motor plugged in while charging it can cause issues with the mother board. No where in the literature does it say to unplug during charging but it's a good practice with those trolling motors. Did you try a reset?

That’s really good to know. Just got a terrova, would hate to kill it over that.

MolenaPapa

Does it work ok through the foot control? Did you just change battery in the remote? Last season my remote quit working some times so I put new battery in and it stopped working at all, only worked thru foot control. Read some reviews which indicated those remotes go bad after a while and could get new remote. So I ordered new remote $169. Which worked perfect. I then learned that sometimes when you change battery it takes awhile for it to reset, I tried the old remote after it had set for a couple weeks and it worked and is still working. Just a thought to consider.

Big Foot

Yea - reset 10x

Big Foot

Yes, reset many times over…

Big Foot

Does it work ok through the foot control? Did you just change battery in the remote? Last season my remote quit working some times so I put new battery in and it stopped working at all, only worked thru foot control. Read some reviews which indicated those remotes go bad after a while and could get new remote. So I ordered new remote $169. Which worked perfect. I then learned that sometimes when you change battery it takes awhile for it to reset, I tried the old remote after it had set for a couple weeks and it worked and is still working. Just a thought to consider.
All batteries new - don’t have a foot control with mine. The man on the phone told me when the remotes go bad, they go bad not partially, but I’m going to borrow a remote anyway amd try that…

Big Foot

I also had a remote fail and had to order a new one. Try the foot pedal as recommended.
What kind of symptoms with remote failure, did it go dead or just some of the buttons stop working?