Mr Mean Face

slow motion

If any of ya`ll do happen to run up on me you`ll see the new kinder, gentler, more sensitive Nick.
Only met you the once and you seemed a likeable fella. Which version did I meet? Bet I could get along with either.

Stroker

You're funny. If we worked around each other I'd make you smile if not out right laugh by the end of the day.
I do laugh and smile at work, and at the right time and place and if work is slack, a jokester/prankster. If there's work that needs to be done then I'm serious as a heart attack. If I assign you a task that should take 3-4 hours and you milk it for two days before you complete it I hope your not expecting a participation trophy.

Geffellz18

I want in on that... :)
X2, 3, 4, 5!

On topic-I have a pretty Stoic face-Could be considered an RBF potentially, but definitely smile & laugh plenty. My job is primarily about creating a welcome & engaging environment for my team to thrive & excel at what they do.

Last edited:

slow motion

I do laugh and smile at work, and at the right time and place and if work is slack, a jokester/prankster. If there's work that needs to be done then I'm serious as a heart attack. If I assign you a task that should take 3-4 hours and you milk it for two days before you complete it I hope your not expecting a participation trophy.
Still say you're funny. You seem to be of the opinion one can't enjoy their self and get anything done. I can and do. I'll leave you alone now. Party on Sir.

Stroker

Still say you're funny. You seem to be of the opinion one can't enjoy their self and get anything done. I can and do. I'll leave you alone now. Party on Sir.
Funny? Can you please consult Websters and determine which adjective best describes my funny person. As far as your assessment of my opinion, your 180 degrees out. I and 98% of my other team/crew members prefer members who enjoy doing their job. Why, because they always compete their work on time, many ahead of schedule, and it meets or exceeds technical specifications, and will step up and man up when a mistake is made. We are professional adults who take pride in our work. No one will give a rats behind if you enjoy your self while meeting the above expectations. Now, on the other hand, if you whine and cry every day about how you dislike or hate your job, never make schedule, have poor workmanship, expect other team members to take up your slack and never take any responsibility for your performance or lack of work ethics while enjoying yourself your gonna get your feelings hurt and sooner or later you're probably going be sent on down the highway. YOMV. Carry on.

slow motion

Funny? Can you please consult Websters and determine which adjective best describes my funny person. As far as your assessment of my opinion, your 180 degrees out. I and 98% of my other team/crew members prefer members who enjoy doing their job. Why, because they always compete their work on time, many ahead of schedule, and it meets or exceeds technical specifications, and will step up and man up when a mistake is made. We are professional adults who take pride in our work. No one will give a rats behind if you enjoy your self while meeting the above expectations. Now, on the other hand, if you whine and cry every day about how you dislike or hate your job, never make schedule, have poor workmanship, expect other team members to take up your slack and never take any responsibility for your performance or lack of work ethics while enjoying yourself your gonna get your feelings hurt and sooner or later you're probably going be sent on down the highway. YOMV. Carry on.
Was never my intention to rile you up. For that I apologize. Funny is something that I find humorous. Makes me laugh or smile. Clearly its only me in that regard. In this case the simple fact that you have determined I'm some sort of slacker who should be fired. Heck just yesterday you didn't even work here. By this morning you were and seemed to have been promoted to a higher position and were assigning me tasks. Now your whole team is against me.

You do you Sir it obviously works. I'll keep doing me.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
We gotta share a campfire and a bottle of Knob Creek before we kick the bucket, Nic.
I will be the official chaperone.................
Indeed we do. :cheers:
Can't wait!
I want in on that... :)
Meee Tooo!
Right after me and you go fishing and turkey hunting before one of us falls over dead.
Ah-hem, little brother, don't forget my invite! :biggrin2:
X2, 3, 4, 5!

On topic-I have a pretty Stoic face-Could be considered an RBF potentially, but definitely smile & laugh plenty. My job is primarily about creating a welcome & engaging environment for my team to thrive & excel at what they do.
X's many more for me too! :cheers:

Stroker

Sorry slow motion. I know I replied to your post but in no way was I referring to you as a slacker or getting you fired in any of my post, it was just a general use of the word you, referring to no one in particular. I don't know you, or where you work, or what you do. We could be working in the same building or across the hall from one another. Nothing you posted would would have caused me to even assume you a slacker. I do my assessment of workers abilities and work ethics whom I have personally worked with, not word of mouth, office gossip, or internet post.
Again, my apologies sir. Have a great day.

slow motion

Sorry slow motion. I know I replied to your post but in no way was I referring to you as a slacker or getting you fired in any of my post, it was just a general use of the word you, referring to no one in particular. I don't know you, or where you work, or what you do. We could be working in the same building or across the hall from one another. Nothing you posted would would have caused me to even assume you a slacker. I do my assessment of workers abilities and work ethics whom I have personally worked with, not word of mouth, office gossip, or internet post.
:cheers:Maybe one day we can hoist a cup whether it be coffee, booze, or a glass of water. Matter of fact it seems there's a party in the making with Nic, the hillbilly, double R and many others. Maybe if we play nice we can wrangle an invite.

Stroker

:cheers:Maybe one day we can hoist a cup whether it be coffee, booze, or a glass of water. Matter of fact it seems there's a party in the making with Nic, the hillbilly, double R and many others. Maybe if we play nice we can wrangle an invite.
Yes sir, I would certainly be honored the sit around that fire and share a bottle or two with you and anyone else in this crowd. You can have my share of the coffee. ✌️

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think Im like you both and like to have fun at work, while gettin it done! I was surprised to hear the other day I was a hard tail at work. Who me? I love my job and have fun even when I’m picking up the pieces and putting it back together Constantly……it’s the training and development of new employees so it’s kind of expected.
On a side note, when someone asks me how I’m doing, my response is Fantastic, every time! Anything less will bring me down. On a rough day, I’ll say fantastic and fill My mind with what is good. On my worst days, Prayer is the only thing that gets me back up to that fantastic level……..I pretty much stay there :rockon:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My wife says I walk around looking mean. I should smile?

I think that people that walk around smiling, look like they were in an industrial accident.

I am a happy guy, but no sez I on the walking around smiling.

Which one are you?
Mine says I have it too……I just don’t see it :huh:

slow motion

I think that people that walk around smiling, look like they were in an industrial accident.
Didn't pick up on this part the first time. Only when I read it in @bfriendly post. In my case that's probably a fair description. Guess that makes yall Batman. Dang it. I get nothing. No cool car. No utility belt. Just a weird face. Wait. Catwoman is a villain too. She's purty. Or should I say puuuurrrrrrrrrrrty.

Baroque Brass

My dad had a perma-scowl on his face and was seldom in a good mood. He was also an alcoholic and a heavy smoker with health problems. After having a leg amputated because of poor circulation, the doctor said he could quit drinking and smoking and live a while or he could keep on keeping on and die soon. He quit drinking cold turkey but never stopped smoking. His mood improved when he stopped drinking. He died in 1979 at the VA hospital in Dublin. He didn’t spend much time with me but I did learn some things from him. I’m grateful to my older brother that taught me to hunt and fish and lots of other things. We were thirteen years apart in age, but he was more of a dad to me than my dad was.

Sorry if this is a thread derailment but it just reminded me of my dad and his perpetually bad mood.

Last edited: