Muffkits

georgiadawgs44

So, here is a recipe for anyone who struggles to make biscuits such as myself. I can’t make a decent biscuit to save my life!
My wife got this recipe from somewhere and made it as dinner rolls a while back. Turns out the “dinner rolls” were really just like biscuits so she never made it again. A few weekends ago we wanted biscuits and thought we had some in the freezer. We’ll, we didn’t and she remembered making these rolls and went and found the recipe and made them. They turned out good. She made them again last weekend and made half in the muffin pan and the other half she added some flour and made the dough thicker and patted into biscuits and they turned out good too. Just thought I’d share in case someone who might struggle with biscuits wanted to try it. 1702831275523.jpeg1702831057378.jpeg1702831086487.jpegThe one on the left is one of the ones she did with adding more flour and forming into a biscuit last weekend. 1702831191797.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was about afraid to open this thread..... :oops: :bounce:
BTW, if you just substitute a couple-three tablespoons of shortening for the 4 tablespoons of mayo, you have regular biscuits. Same process, no struggle.

Redbow

I use mayo at times to make biscuits same recipe as the one you posted. Shortening works well too. To make cheese biscuits just add some shredded cheddar cheese to the mix and bake.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I add garlic powder along with the cheese in the dough and mix it up, melt butter in the pan, get it hot and do drop biscuits.

Need to try this one