Homemade Frozen Biscuits

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sounds like sacrilege, but my better half decided to make some. Flour, baking powder, soda, etc. to come up with the dough, she will not tell me the rest. Roll and fold, 4 layers x3, cut and freeze.

She said they need to be thicker, just depends to me on the meal. Great and fast regardless

Frozen biscuit to the right

20240126_220703.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like sacrilege, but my better half decided to make some. Flour, baking powder, soda, etc. to come up with the dough, she will not tell me the rest. Roll and fold, 4 layers x3, cut and freeze.

She said they need to be thicker, just depends to me on the meal. Great and fast regardless

Frozen biscuit to the right

View attachment 1285677
I've always threatened to try that, but never have. Thatun looks awful tasty.

WOODIE13

It was really good, but had to play with the temp and time, recipe called for 450 for 15 minutes, burnt the bottom. Did 375 for 20 on these turned out fine

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Same here but I'm skurred I'll ruin the dough in the freezer.

sbroadwell

Every time lately I've made biscuits I've made more than I needed and froze some. Just shape them, spread them out on a pan and stick them in the freezer for awhile. Then, once they are frozen, just put them in a ziplock bag. They cook just like those frozen biscuits you can get, but are better, and a whole lot cheaper.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The only observation I'll make is that it actually doesn't take but about five minutes to mix up a batch of biscuit dough. You can add five more minutes to wash the bowl, spoon, and cutting board.

WOODIE13

She's got it dialed in now.

Same mess to make 30 as it does 6, plus they're a lot better than my drop biscuits.

20240308_171249.jpg

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
She's got it dialed in now.

Same mess to make 30 as it does 6, plus they're a lot better than my drop biscuits.

View attachment 1292582

Looks good to me. I experimented this week too. Made up a batch and froze them. I thawed out two this morning and cooked them up and they were perfect. I still got buttermilk left over so I'm going to make up a bunch and freeze them.

WOODIE13

Looks good to me. I experimented this week too. Made up a batch and froze them. I thawed out two this morning and cooked them up and they were perfect. I still got buttermilk left over so I'm going to make up a bunch and freeze them.
She started layering hers and not rolling them out, more fluffy for sure

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
She started layering hers and not rolling them out, more fluffy for sure

Hers look good. I'm ham handed so I roll mine out.

Hillbilly stalker

But how do they fair in a puddle of molasses and butter ???:bounce: Theres a difference between a biscuit and a soppin biscuit. I’ll gladly be your huckleberry for that one.::; Looks good.(y)

WOODIE13

But how do they fair in a puddle of molasses and butter ???:bounce: Theres a difference between a biscuit and a soppin biscuit. I’ll gladly be your huckleberry for that one.::; Looks good.(y)
Don't know, but holds up great with gravy

WOODIE13

Time to get the light bulb and rubber hose

WOODIE13

You GON share the recipe??? Looks pretty darn good.
This is it with her basic recipe with her ownership

Speciality additions/instructions to make them layered & fluffy beyond this recipe:

1. Put the butter in the freezer and freeze it solid.

2. Bowl and shredder in the fridge to be cold.

3. Sift the AP flour into the cold bowl.

4. Add your dry ingredients and whisk in evenly.

5. Take your cold shredder and shred your frozen butter (one stick at a time and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula) quickly, before it melts.

6. Work it with your hands, no rolling pin, push it and fold it into a rectangle 4 to 5 times to 1" to 1.5".

7. Cut it with a can, both ends open. Just push, don't turn.

8. Put on a pan and freeze. Once frozen, bag up.

9. Cook time, 20 minutes at 375 degrees....all depends on the oven and elevation though

10. Try 2 test biscuits, if they burn, lower temperature, if top gets done too quick drop to middle.

Last edited: