Murry Burnham

chase870

Possum Sox
About 26 or 27 years ago I was in the local video store with my little girl and she saw a video in the 2 dollar bucket. The place where videos that are never rented go to die. The box had a picture of a pretty coyote on it and the little girl wanted to see the coyote. I bought the video and had to watch it over and over with the little girl. My thoughts at the time were there is no way a wild animal will come to this sound, it sounds like your strangling a 2 year old. Well curiosity got the best of me and I bought a 10 dollar hand call at a local sporting goods store in Winder Ga. and gave it a try. First trip out I called up the largest bob cat I have ever seen and it's been on ever since. I have now gone to e callers and thermal but will still hunt with a hand call day or night when I get the urge. Murry is 90 or so now and has sold his business to Gary Roberson who hunted with him for years and produces the carnivore out door show. Burnham Brothers was originally in Marble Falls Texas and has been moved to Menard Texas. I stopped in and visited with Gary and his wife for awhile the other day, told them the story how a little girl in a Georgia video store and a Murry Burnham video were responsible for an addiction I have, bought a couple of calls and a book while I was there.

Attachments

• IMG_3081.JPG
    IMG_3081.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 50

sleepr71

That’s awesome! They were some of the Pioneers??It was in the 90’s that I called up & killed my first Grey Fox,then a Red,then a pair of Yotes! I was beyond hooked. No telling how many cassettes of off the wall sounds I bought from them?