My 84th Landing In ATL For The Year 10/29/2019

Geno67

Congratulations. You training to move aircraft around?

Patriot44

Banned
Congratulations. You training to move aircraft around?

Nope, but I probably missed my calling in life. I love being on an airplane!! I hate security, TSA workers, etc, but taking off and landing makes me smile like a fat kid at a birthday party when the cake is served. I'm that guy on the plane that is smiling when taking off when others are white knuckling. Landing is my absolute favorite!

Geno67

Cool!! Maybe you can fly us around some time. I always thought the air guys were great when we needed a rdie.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m 62 and never been in a plane. I’m not planning on being in one neither. Wife wants to go on an Alaskan cruise. Told her good thing we are retired cause we can take our time driving to the west coast.

Patriot44

Banned
I’m 62 and never been in a plane. I’m not planning on being in one neither. Wife wants to go on an Alaskan cruise. Told her good thing we are retired cause we can take our time driving to the west coast.
Fly my friend, it is marvelous! This is coming from an Army Air Defender! :bounce:

Geno67

Don't listen to Patriot44. You can't see the elk from a dang aircraft. Take your time and drive through the northern part. It's much better seen from the ground.

Geno67

If you're hurting for time, air travel is the way to go.

NOYDB

BANNED
You don't have to flap your arms. Flying is easy and the seats are comfortable. And most of the planes don't hit meteors so it is safe.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
It’s funny you posted this..the wife and I were driving home from her doctor appointment today and I seriously thought something was wrong..like another 9/11 was going on. My favorite part of driving trough the dreadful place is 85 buy the runway.. always amazed how they can coordinate that many planes at once.today..I saw none..then at the last minute..one shot over us. May have been the weather but usually you can see 9-10 all at the same time.could have been then weather as well.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I despise Atl airport. Used to fly back & to to Columbus Ohio twice a year.
Always tried to go through Charlotte. Wasn't always successful.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
i avoid ATL like the plague. If I absolutely have to fly commercial, I will, but that is not my choice.

Give me a Cessna 182, a full tank, and I am ready to go. Nothing like piloting your own flight. I can't afford to own one, but I can rent one from time to time.

P44. If you like commercial landings, you would love mine.... slipping one down with no flaps on base, to final. Full rudder and left wing dropped. When you get over the numbers, ease up on the rudder and aileron at the same time, straighten it out, and grease it in. Just remember to keep that nose wheel up on a 182... they don't like a bounce

Patriot44

Banned
i avoid ATL like the plague. If I absolutely have to fly commercial, I will, but that is not my choice.

Give me a Cessna 182, a full tank, and I am ready to go. Nothing like piloting your own flight. I can't afford to own one, but I can rent one from time to time.

P44. If you like commercial landings, you would love mine.... slipping one down with no flaps on base, to final. Full rudder and left wing dropped. When you get over the numbers, ease up on the rudder and aileron at the same time, straighten it out, and grease it in. Just remember to keep that nose wheel up on a 182... they don't like a bounce
I love to fly brother! Cessna, MD88, B757, A320, Go-Cart with wings. I am there, almost to a fault. I was a bird in a previous life. Let me know when where and would love to sit right seat with you.

Oldstick

I thought you were supposed to look out the front windshield, though... ::ke:

Dialer

Ben in the aircraft Maintenance bruins for 38 year.
You don't have to flap your arms. Flying is easy and the seats are comfortable. And most of the planes don't hit meteors so it is safe.
Try flying from Fort Myers to St. Louis packed in like sardines and a screaming child! Your butt is numb, and ANY movement violates the person sitting next to you. Depends on the airline Sir

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
52, and never been on a plane.

NOYDB

BANNED
I've shared a Taxi with Mama-san and her 6 kids and the chicken she bought for dinner, and three other riders. We stopped to pick up two more. Other people sitting next to me doesn't cause me any grief. I know about American personal space issues, but I learned to control that long ago.