My Buddy's Dog got shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RackNBeardOutdoors

CHIEF AND GRACIE 021.jpg

CHIEF AND GRACIE 015.jpg

CHIEF SAD (450 x 600).jpg

THESE PICS SHOW HIM PLAYING WITH GRACIE WHO IS 12 LBS AND THE LAST PIC SHOWS HIM THE NEXT DAY ON THE WAY TO THE SURGEON. PRETTY SAD PIC IF YOU ASKED ME.
He met with the Chief today and an investigation is going to be done, he assured it would not be swept under the rug, and that he is going to handle it as if it is a John Doe, meaning that there is no connection whatsoever. He assured them that it will be handled appropriatly, and that is where we stand now. There was alot that was not said to him, and there was alot said on the other party that was told differently to the Chief. I am sorry that I can not give more details, but as soon as I can, I will and hopefully it will be understood better.[/COLOR]

Also, "Chief" is the dogs name as well, but he had around a thousand dollar vet bill to stabilize him that night, and then he had orthopedic surgery yesterday, not telling what that will cost, but they say they think he is going to recover fine. He doesn't have his bottom teeth, which stinks, but at least he is alive. Another thing, the vets all said how great the dogs demeanor was, that in pain, he was so sweet, non aggressive and so on. Also, the bullet was lodged down his throat, and they could not believe it did not penetrate his esopahgus (sorry if mispelled), but that is a plus.

Also, my friend who's dog got shot is also a member on here.[/COLOR]

I can not get into detail about exactly what happend, but yesterday evening my buddy's dog got shot. My buddy was about 10 feet behind him saying that "he will not bite, don't shoot my dog" and the guy shot him with my buddy right behind him. It is a 1 year old boxer. He has made it so far, but it went through his face and through his nasal cavity, through his maxilla, and into his mouth through his tongue and stopped at his teeth, which were shot out. Another thing, is there might be kind of a cover up with the Police Department b/c the man who shot the dog, his son is a Police officer in the precint that the dog was shot. I need to know who we can possibly get in touch with, such as the humane society and anything else that can help. Thank you and I can't say anymore right now b/c it is a bad situation, but any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Here is the Story:

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT
THANKS FOR EVERYBODYS SUPPORT AND CONCERN ABOUT MY DOG CHIEF. THE POLICE ARE ATTEMPTING TO COVER UP THE SHOOTING AND USE THE GOOD OLE BOYS SYSTEM. WELL GUESS WHAT THEY MIGHT PULL THAT WITH SOMEONE ELSE WHO WILL LET THEM BUT NOT WITH ME. THE MAN WHO SHOT CHIEF IS THE FATHER in law OF A LOCAL POLICE OFFICER WHO LIVES TWO HOUSES UP FROM ME. THE SHOOTING TOOK PLACE 10FT IN FRONT OF ME. I WAS ATTEMPTING TO GET CHIEF AND THE MAN EXITED HIS CAR AND MADE HIS WAY TOWARDS CHIEF AND HE TOOK AND AGRESSIVE STANCE TOWARDS CHIEF WITH CHIEF INBETWEEN ME AND HIM. WHEN CHIEF GOT TO HIM HE SHOT HIM IN THE FACE WITH ME AND MY FRIENDS IN THE LINE OF FIRE. CHIEF RAN BY ME TO MY LEFT BLEEDING HEAVILY AND THE MAN AIMED AT HIM AS HE RAN OFF SWEEPING ME WITH THE MUZZLE AGAIN. LEGALLY THIS IS AGGRAVATED ASSAULT ON ME EVEN THOUGH HE DIDNT SHOOT ME.I IMMEDIATELY RAN TO TRY TO SAVE MY DOG. FAMILY FIRST, AND THEN THE MAN MADE HIS WAY TOWARDS MY HOUSE WITH HIS PISTOL. ME AND MARK TENDED TO CHIEF WHILE RYAN AND MATT YELLED AT THE MAN AND TOLD HIM HE BETTER NOT STEP FOOT OVER THAT PROPERTY LINE. AT THIS POINT IS WAS UTTER KAOS. ME AND MARK RUSHED HIM TO FAYETTEVILLE WHERE HE WAS X RAYED AND STABILIZED CAUSE THEY COULDNT DO THE SURGERY. THEY RECOMMENDED A TOP SURGEON TO DO THE SURGERY. THE MAN HAD ALREADY SAVED ONE OF OUR OTHER DOGS WHO WAS RAN OVER AND THAT DOG LIVED THROUGH IT AND HE IS NOW 17 YEARS OLD. I DEFINATELY WANTED HIM TO DO THE SURGERY. THE POLICE THAT ARRIVED ON SCENE WERE SARCASTIC AND THEY SAID THAT MY WITNESSES WERE LYING. THE FACT THAT THE POLICE THAT SHOWED UP WORK FOR THE SAME DEPARTMENT AS THE MAN THAT LIVES IN THE HOUSE IS CONFLICT OF INTEREST. MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS WERE TOLD THAT IF THEY WERE TO REPEAT ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED HERE TONIGHT THAT THEY WOULD ALL BE ARRESTED. "NO BUTS OR BONES ABOUT IT" THE OFFICERS WOULD NOT RELEASE THERE NAMES OR BADGE NUMBERS EITHER. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY ARE TRYING TO COVER IT UP AND TURN IT AROUND ON ME.. I KNOW I WAS IN THE WRONG FOR MY DOG BEING IN HIS SONS YARD AND NOT ON A LEASH. BUT HE DIDNT HAVE TO USE DEADLY FORCE WITH ME RIGHT BEHIND CHIEF. I WILL NOT LET THIS GET SWEPT UNDER THE TABLE BECAUSE OF IT BEING A OFFICERS HOUSE WITH THE SAME DEPARTMENT THAT RESPONDED. I INTEND ON TAKING THIS ISSUE AS FAR AS I CAN AND I HAVE A ARMY OF PEOPLE BY MY SIDE THAT ARE WITH ME ON THIS ISSUE. TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT. THIS WILL MORE THAN LIKELY BE BIG NEWS TOMMORROW AND I JUST WANT JUSTICE FOR THE LAWS AND LIVES THAT WERE BROKE AND THREATENED. MOST IMPORTANTLY THE SURGEON SAYS THAT CHIEF BEING ALIVE IS A MIRACLE. THE BULLET WENT THROUGH HIS UPPER PALLET, DOWN THROUGH HIS TEETH, THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF HIS TONGUE, AND ALL THE WAY DOWN HIS THROAT AND IT LODGED BETWEEN HIS SHOULDER BLADES. THIS SURGEON SAID HE CANT BELIEVE THAT IT MISSED HIS ARTERY BY A 1/4 INCH AND HIS NASAL CANAL BY ABOUT THE SAME. HE IS EXPECTED TO MAKE A FULL RECOVERY. WELL I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THE STORY WITH EVERYBODY EVEN THOUGH I THINK EVERYBODY IS ABOUT TO HEAR ABOUT ANYHOW. THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT. IT MEANS ALOT TO ME.

THANKS,

Last edited:

HandgunHTR

Steelringin' Mod
If your buddy was only 10 feet away, a case can be made that he was in the line of fire, so that would be assualt with a deadly weapon.
He may want to contact the State police if he has reason to believe that the locals won't handle the situation.

And, as much as it pains me to say, the media may be his friend in this situation.

60Grit

#1 - Witnesses, gotta have em'.

#2 - Leash Laws, were there any, and was the dog on one.

#3 - News media, not the HSUS, they are our enemy.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Too vague. If the guy was in his yard/property and if the dog was going after him barking and snapping and was not under control, then it may very well be dismissed. I don't know what to tell you.

gadeerwoman

If the dog was not on the owner's property and not on a leash (hence not under his control), and was acting aggresively toward someone I don't think he will get much support from an agency. I've had someone tell me before "don't worry, he won't bite" just before their dog took a chunk of flesh out of my leg. Dog was not growling, just barking, owner was 5 foot away.

FX Jenkins

I have sympathy for your friend and the dog....but you haven't provided enough details at this point for many to support you....If not on a leash, "He won't bite" is good for nothing....hope the pup recovers...

mattellis2

If the dog was not on the owner's property and not on a leash (hence not under his control), and was acting aggresively toward someone I don't think he will get much support from an agency. I've had someone tell em before "don't worry, he won't bite" just before their dog took a chunk of flesh out of my leg. Dog was not growling, just barking, owner was 5 foot away.

This is kind of how I picture the situation based on the OP’s account. If it is how it happened, I think your buddy may be out of luck. I love dogs, but would likely have done the same thing. Hope the pup gets better. Tell your friend to buy a leash.

Davis31052

#2 - Leash Laws, were there any, and was the dog on one.

From the info you provided, a $3.00 leash would have prevented this problem, period.

PWalls

I think your buddy may not have much leg to stand on here unless there is more details that we don't know.

RackNBeardOutdoors

I agree with the leash law, he was not on one. Give him a citation for that. I can't get into detail yet b/c it is not a done matter. The dog was not aggessive, we cut grass in the neighborhood on a weekly basis, kids play with him, the whole neighborhood knows the dog. I agree with the leash 100%, but when somebody is 10 feet behind the dog saying don't shoot, he will not bite, why would you shoot the dog if he is not aggressive. I will try to give more details when I can. We have 4 witnessess and neighbors as well. There are several kids that play in the road, walk on the road, and it is well traveled. Also, the gentleman himself is a retired police officer, I think he should have known better.

mattellis2

was the dog approaching the guy who shot him? was he in the guy's yard? being off leash is a major strike against your buddy....also see gadeerwoman's comments above about "he won't bite" immediate before being chomped.

-matt

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
All dogs bite. Just depends on what they decide to bite. I still don't know enough details...

georgiaboy

Your buddy needs to file a complaint with the local PD. I wouldn't worry about a possible cover-up and post about it at this point.

Not being a jerk, but your post might be construed as questioning the collective character of the PD. Not that you would get in trouble, but they may not be real appreciative. A police report should be in order first, not calling the media or anyone else until the PD has had a fair chance at responding. No need to make a mountain out of a molehill until the time comes. Your buddy will likely have to consider if he wants to press charges and whether he may be on the receiving end of the same??

Buzz

Yeah - more details are certainly in order. I was a meter reader for three years while in college and I can't tell you how many people said "my dog won't bite." I think most of them actually believed it, but I had to put a serious beatdown on plenty of these "tame animals" otherwise I would have scars all over my body. I like animals, so I hated to hurt someone's pet; however, I was thinking about self preservation while I was doing my job instead of taking unnecessary chances with aggressive animals.

The correct saying really is "my dog won't bite ME."

I am not taking the other guy's side here, but as the others have said - there just isn't enough detail to draw any kind of conclusion.

georgiaboy

I should add that I am sorry for your buddy, regardless of circumstances, no one wants their pet harmed.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

RackNBeardOutdoors

Oh yeah, that is why I'm not posting where the location is or anything like that. It is sad either way. But I can assure you, I was there and saw the dog, he was not aggressive towards the man at all, but I appreciate the info on what little bit I posted about. When it all clears, I'll try my best to sum it up. Just wondering everyone's opinion.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.