My first custom....

Dub

My first custom gun is finished and will be shipped this week.

The smith's books were closed when I jumped onboard. I knew then that it'd probably be a couple years.
I was fine with the wait....in fact, I was glad for it. At the time there were some dark times ahead due to my wife's diagnosis.

Custom project was simply something out there on the horizon....one of those "one day it'll be neat" type things. Anything positive was welcome.

The smith had a slew of his own health battles to fight, too. He'd taken some time off to attend to his medical needs. He was also looking forward to getting back to his bench and working through the guns that awaited his skills and efforts.

The base gun for this was a Colt Series 70, blued, .38 Super.

IMG_7699.jpeg

IMG_7702.jpeg

Big7

The Oracle
My first custom gun is finished and will be shipped this week.

The smith's books were closed when I jumped onboard. I knew then that it'd probably be a couple years.
I was fine with the wait....in fact, I was glad for it. At the time there were some dark times ahead due to my wife's diagnosis.

Custom project was simply something out there on the horizon....one of those "one day it'll be neat" type things. Anything positive was welcome.

The smith had a slew of his own health battles to fight, too. He'd taken some time off to attend to his medical needs. He was also looking forward to getting back to his bench and working through the guns that awaited his skills and efforts.

The base gun for this was a Colt Series 70, blued, .38 Super.

View attachment 1270576

View attachment 1270577
That's a Beauty. :rockon: :cheers:

Reactions: Dub

Dub

It came back from the finisher he uses.

I opted for DLC as the finish. It is very durable and has been extremely resilient on my Staccatos, X-Tac and Alchemy PE.

This is the first one of mine that is fully murdered out in DLC, however.

The goal is for a finish that will hold up to heavy use and help cut down on corrosion. This will be a carry gun, no doubt about it.

IMG_2511.jpegIMG_2531.jpegIMG_2528.jpegIMG_2480.jpegIMG_2521.jpegIMG_2515.jpegIMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2532.jpeg

Dub

Those grips were made by Cherokee Hills and the smith cut them down to fit that particular magwell and inserted his emblem.

Most of the time it will be wearing a set of G-10 VZ grips that are cut to fit it.

I have become a fan of the flat triggers a few years back. They feel perfect to me and are a functional change.
I certainly don’t use them for looks.
Hard to describe…just one of those things you have to feel and then decide for yourself.

Darkhorse

Very nice Dub. I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out if it.

pacecars

I know I know the logo but I can’t recall the maker? My mind is slipping in my old age

• Haha

specialk

Sweet!

SC Hunter

That is a beautiful piece of machinery there!! Congratulations on the first custom sir.

sleepr71

Love the custom touches + precision! Comparing that to an off the shelf gun…is like comparing a NASCAR engine..to an O’reillys reman. unit :)

Dub

I know I know the logo but I can’t recall the maker? My mind is slipping in my old age

I know the feeling, man. I forget stuff terribly....worst of all for me is names.

Steve Owen, Integrity Arms is the smith. (y)