My first custom....

Dub

Lawd what a beauty Dub…enjoy buddy
Thank you.

A part of me felt like a lunatic in taking a straightforward blued Colt in its classic config and having it chopped, checkered and tightened up. Glad I didn't have to watch the sausage being made. :rofl:

Very nice Dub. I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out if it.
Thank you.

Planning on shooting it often and using for carry, too.

Who knows.....the .38 Super can send a 124gr hollow point downrange with some sizzle. It may go along on a hunt or two.

Sure enough great job.
Mr Owen showed some skillful efforts.
I've talked to a couple people that have tested the trigger. They were mighty complementary, saying that I would be really happy with it.

I just hope I can do it justice. I'm not the greatest of shooters....far from it.

Thanks.(y)

That is a beautiful piece of machinery there!! Congratulations on the first custom sir.

Thank you.

I called it my first.....it may be the only one.

I don't have any plans to add another 1911....but I have a couple that I would enjoy having a proper smith, like Steve, take them and build on them. One is a Springfield Loaded .45, the other is another Colt Series 70 .45.

That looks incredible!

Thanks.

He did a really good job with the visual....I'm eager to run it some and see how it performs.

Love the custom touches + precision! Comparing that to an off the shelf gun…is like comparing a NASCAR engine..to an O’reillys reman. unit :)
:) I've been able to feel the difference right away with Nighthawks compared to my TRP. It'll be interesting to see if can discern a difference with this one compared to the Nighthawks.

I'm thinking the biggest difference between semi-custom and custom is mainly found in the ability to spec it out to your complete liking and not being limited to in-house parts of the semi-custom manufacturers.

pacecars

I know the feeling, man. I forget stuff terribly....worst of all for me is names.

Steve Owen, Integrity Arms is the smith. (y)
Thanks! That was driving me nuts. I have had dang trainees that took me three months before I could remember their names. I see officers I worked with for 20+ years and it is “Hey buddy!”

Reactions: Dub

frankwright

Really beautiful.

I have flat triggers on all my 1911's and several competition guns.

hunter 85

That is a beautiful build. I personally would never be able to do that to a horse gun. I have a buddy that loves the flat trigger like that and has replaced every one he owns. Hope you enjoy the sharp tool, I bet it will be a tack driver with a really fun classic caliber.

Dub

Picked her up from my FFL this afternoon.

She'd been there since Wednesday but Iv'e been grinding it out at work with today being my first day off. What a day off it's been, too.

Hurried into the FFL and pimp-walked outa there with a cheesy grin and a box under my arm.

Looks like it'll be next week before I can get some range time....so it's just dry fire pew-pew for now.

Trigger feels perfect....best trigger I've felt. The smiff nailed it.

The course 20 lpi checkering affords a super grip and the magwell nudges my paw into the correct spot when I grab and snatch it out of a holster.

Expecting frequent saddle time once I get a few hundred rounds through it and get well acclimated to it.

He fitted a couple sets of grips on it. Cherokee Hills (first set shown) and some from Esmerelda (second set).

I have a set of VZ G10's that need a slight bit of Dremel work before they snug in there properly. They'll probably get the lion's share for carry.

IMG_1387.jpeg

IMG_1339.jpegIMG_1374.jpegIMG_1359.jpegIMG_1362.jpegIMG_1342.jpegIMG_1354.jpegIMG_1381.jpeg

Dub

I know those rough, working man hands don't belong to you Dub....
::ke:

Lol. Nope. Those weren’t my paws.

Finally had a chance to shoot it Thursday.

it is way more accurate than I am….but then again, that’s not saying too much.

10 yards. Two-handed, standing.

10 rounds at the torso dot.

90 rounds at the head at a faster pace.

IMG_1492.jpeg