My first Roosterfish

Madsnooker

Went to Costa Rica last weekend for a quick 4 day trip. Went with my Dad and good friend of ours to hike up in the mountians on some land owned by another friend of the family. Its near Uvita on the south end.. The land has two rivers that flow thru with waterfalls. Absolutely beautiful. The mountians go up to 11,000 ft in site of the ocean. Amazing views up there looking out over the pacific. Didn't plan on fishing but couldn't pass it up. Found a couple locals to take us out to try and catch a roosterfish or cubera snapper along the coast. 30 minutes into the trip caught my first roosterfish. We had 2 others on but didn't land them. It was a great spur of the moment trip.
IMG-20220212-WA0000.jpg

mike1225

That is awesome. I want to go one day.

CaptKeith

Truly awesome!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
No that was my first trip to Costa Rica.
Where is that lodge located?
I got invited on a "fishing" trip to Costa Rica 1 time. A guy who's son played baseball with my son. I was super excited to get on some great fishing. Until the guy kept talking about how great the "night life" was. I started asking him about fishing and how they got the boat, rental costs, etc..... He didn't know much about that part at all. I ended up passing ?

Madsnooker

I got invited on a "fishing" trip to Costa Rica 1 time. A guy who's son played baseball with my son. I was super excited to get on some great fishing. Until the guy kept talking about how great the "night life" was. I started asking him about fishing and how they got the boat, rental costs, etc..... He didn't know much about that part at all. I ended up passing ?
Lol
Sounds like your better judgment kicked in. :LOL:

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Heck yeah man!! That one is on my bucket list as well!