My Hometown....

Doboy Dawg

I was taught and made to act right in public with painful reminder if I did not! Never allowed to be unruly and disrespectful! Thanks Dad!!!!
Same for me, it didn’t take but one whooping from my dad when we got home, to remind me a restaurant was not the place to act the fool. I was a quick learner when his belt was involved.

Especially after the time I put my Boys Life magazine in my britches before my spanking. Evidently laughing while receiving a butt whooping was not a good idea.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
every time I read this headline, I think of that Bruce Springsteen song

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'll probably always side with the small business owner. This one appears to be on top of things as a business owner.

An upcharge for splitting a meal is no big deal, the price on the menu was for 1 plate, 1 set of silverware w/napkin. If you want to split your meal with someone at the table and they need an extra plate and silverware w/napkin why is $3.00 such a big deal. You know they have to wash and sanitize all of that too...right? What is wrong with people...it isn't a charge for splitting your meal....it is a charge for cleaning up after you. Both of you probably ordered a water w/lemon too.

There is a big difference between an unhappy camper actually sitting at the table with the parents and 1-5 running up and down the walkways inside the restaurant. I as another guest will be more sympathetic to one of them. Also as a guest, that activity could or may very well cut my visit short, costing the restaurateur what I may have normally spent. Why should you not maintaining your children cost them money. So when your asked to pay for it, it is outrageous, yet when you demand that he pay for what you not controlling your children could do, you don't give $.02. What is wrong with people.

doehunter

I'll probably always side with the small business owner. This one appears to be on top of things as a business owner.

An upcharge for splitting a meal is no big deal, the price on the menu was for 1 plate, 1 set of silverware w/napkin. If you want to split your meal with someone at the table and they need an extra plate and silverware w/napkin why is $3.00 such a big deal. You know they have to wash and sanitize all of that too...right? What is wrong with people...it isn't a charge for splitting your meal....it is a charge for cleaning up after you. Both of you probably ordered a water w/lemon too.

There is a big difference between an unhappy camper actually sitting at the table with the parents and 1-5 running up and down the walkways inside the restaurant. I as another guest will be more sympathetic to one of them. Also as a guest, that activity could or may very well cut my visit short, costing the restaurateur what I may have normally spent. Why should you not maintaining your children cost them money. So when your asked to pay for it, it is outrageous, yet when you demand that he pay for what you not controlling your children could do, you don't give $.02. What is wrong with people.
Well said

Reactions: Dub

Latest posts