My Hometown....

Big7

The Oracle
I find it odder that someone believes he can't do this in his private property open to the public with a sign posted.

Why do you follow the rules here? The fine for not doing so is Banning:huh:

If you don't pay your bill... "Theft of Services" isn't it? That would be when the courts got involved.

What do you think would happen if the sign on his door stated, "Standing at the bar to eat is free. Sitting at a table is a $20.00 upcharge." you take your happy end to the chair at a table, eat, then refuse to pay the upcharge?
Where you saw where someone had it "posted" or whatever was on Reddit, an internet site, after the fact. Not a sign at the restaurant.

Get it right.

So, if an owner came up to you during or after your meal and said "sorry Mr. Jester, your kids got on my nerves and I'm going to slap MY fine on you", would you pay your food tab plus his imaginary "fine" or pay for the food you owe him and leave?

And.. Just like here, they can ban you but would you really pay GON a "fine"?

Or, could be I read it wrong and I'm the one that needs to get it right.

Either way, I just made a little observation. Not going to war on a web forum over it.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Where you saw where someone had it "posted" or whatever was on Reddit, an internet site, after the fact. Not a sign at the restaurant.

Get it right.

So, if an owner came up to you during or after your meal and said "sorry Mr. Jester, your kids got on my nerves and I'm going to slap MY fine on you", would you pay your food tab plus his imaginary "fine" or pay for the food you owe him and leave?
I may not have it right..what I read was...he made the Policy years ago during COVID...for his policy to be effective he needed to post it or maybe just print it on his menu....I did make a guess he was a good business person and knew how to make his policies effective....she posted on Reddit... how disappointed she was in it.

I'm 100% sure that wouldn't happen to Mr. Jester...his kids knew how to act in a restaurant...so I'm not sure how that may have played out.

I do know Mr. Jester has gone to the table in a restaurant where the parents of the kids running around screaming all over the place and kindly explained that I was there for my enjoyment and I was having a real hard time enjoying myself with their kids running all over the place and bumping into me while I was on the way to my mouth with my fork.

Big7

The Oracle
I may not have it right..what I read was...he made the Policy years ago during COVID...for his policy to be effective he needed to post it or maybe just print it on his menu....I did make a guess he was a good business person and knew how to make his policies effective....she posted on Reddit... how disappointed she was in it.

I'm 100% sure that wouldn't happen to Mr. Jester...his kids knew how to act in a restaurant...so I'm not sure how that may have played out.

I do know Mr. Jester has gone to the table in a restaurant where the parents of the kids running around screaming all over the place and kindly explained that I was there for my enjoyment and I was having a real hard time enjoying myself with their kids running all over the place and bumping into me while I was on the way to my mouth with my fork.
I'm backing the owner. I've had brats run up and grab food off my plate.
First four words in this thread I wrote:
I'm all for it

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'm all for it but I couldn't get by the part where the owner levied a fine or surcharge.

I would laugh at the guy as I was walking out the door.

Yeah I know. That's why I said I'm all for it.

Just odd that someone thinks they could they could enforce what is essentially a fine without going through a court.

He could always refuse service next time but I think he's pretty much shafted on this one.

Maybe spit in the dessert while he's at it. :LOL:

First four words in this thread I wrote:
I read those four words too, but it looks like it is a contradiction when you add the rest of the words in the sentence
then there is the one I highlighted for you I commented on.

:yawn:

Reactions: Dub

SarahFair

He shouldn't limit it to kids. how many times have you been eating and have 2 or 3 different tables with a couple of sista's at each that want to make sure everybody listens to what their squawking ! each trying to be louder than the other and eventually screaming ! even though it doesn't happen up here often
I usually don't mind hearing people enjoying their day. We do get too few of them :)

Reactions: Dub

tr21

I usually don't mind hearing people enjoying their day. We do get too few of them :)
yea but these aren't just enjoying their day. they want everyone there to know their business. and if you get 2 or 3 different table with each one wanting to be sure they're the loudest it gets ridiculous !!!!

bullgator

The other patrons are paying full listed prices for their meals too…..and should have a reasonable expectation of civility from the families or anyone else eating there. His business, his rules.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
The food there is fair. It’s in a pretty spot. I kind of wonder if my nephew caused this. He acted the fool in there one time.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
He shouldn't limit it to kids. how many times have you been eating and have 2 or 3 different tables with a couple of sista's at each that want to make sure everybody listens to what their squawking ! each trying to be louder than the other and eventually screaming ! even though it doesn't happen up here often
me today, and one of them was a sheriff's deputy.
Guess which was the loudest one.

tucker80

"Stop that cryin' before I give you something to cry about" That was one of my dad's favorites!
The kid needs to be taken outside of the restaurant alot of times, and mine were. But the threat of a fine is crazy talk.

ucfireman

I think its a great idea.
As a private company they should be able to set the standards they want at their restaurant.
If parents cant/wont control their kids they shouldn't go out with them.

sinclair1

Old man blows his nose while people are dining = $50 fine

Young couple drop F bombs in conversation in front of bratty kids = $100 fine

Couple stinks like cigarettes while I am trying to eat my Lobster = $75 fine

The thing about the restaurant HOA is it will get to you eventually.

bullgator

Old man blows his nose while people are dining = $50 fine

Young couple drop F bombs in conversation in front of bratty kids = $100 fine

Couple stinks like cigarettes while I am trying to eat my Lobster = $75 fine

The thing about the restaurant HOA is it will get to you eventually.
I hope I never pass gas in your restaurant