My little dog.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Losing your pet dog is tough stuff. We lost ours of 15 years 4 years ago. He couldn't even walk anymore. When the vet showed up to do the deed I had to carry him outside and put him on his bed so he could go in peace in the outdoors. I cried like a baby all day long. I swore we would never get another dog because I just couldn't take losing another one. Then we ran across this guy at a rescue outfit. We still have some of our other dog's ashes and a paw print and he will always be special but "Jet Li" has captured our hearts.

Jet.JPG

LTZ25

The other da I told my wife to shoot me if I ever say I want another dog after these die , but I know what will happen .

Reactions: Dub

someguyintraffic

Man thats a different kind of hurt when its an old friends time. Been over a year and a half since my ol buddy Jake came down ill with a liver tumor and seizures. Broke my heart. He was 17.

I got this crazy stray I took in now. Just a mutt. Wild as a turkey, helped alot with missing ol Jake.

Its truly a loss of a family member. I miss Jake all the time, my sidekick.

Hang in there.

Last edited:

someguyintraffic

Losing your pet dog is tough stuff. We lost ours of 15 years 4 years ago. He couldn't even walk anymore. When the vet showed up to do the deed I had to carry him outside and put him on his bed so he could go in peace in the outdoors. I cried like a baby all day long. I swore we would never get another dog because I just couldn't take losing another one. Then we ran across this guy at a rescue outfit. We still have some of our other dog's ashes and a paw print and he will always be special but "Jet Li" has captured our hearts.

View attachment 949465

Cried like a babe over my ol buddy too.

someguyintraffic

The day we got her, I put her in my flannel jacket and took her in Food Lion with me. She crawled down my sleeve and went to sleep and no one even knew she was there, until I showed her to the cashier. I really feel bad that we didn't put her down sooner. She suffered a few more days than she should have.

Dont beat yourself up. Your dog loves you no matter what.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a seven year old shi tzu princess that I would kill family members over. Well my wife’s family. She takes my socks off every night. It’s her job. She greets me with a flying leap every day when I get off of work. She can say I love you and does it every night. She give my wife evil looks if she interrupts her soap opera. She was born 11/11/11 and just turned 7. She rules and we love it. I hope she outlived me.