Nc state record

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Greed (sponsorship and $$) blinded them

WOODIE13

The endorsements and money those companies paid him to use their products, and the magazine write ups. It was a big embarrassment to them.

I already had a good idea about it, all these folks up here talk about is going to a one buck limit and filling the rest of the tags with does, but take out the does, you have no bucks. All they want is instant gratification

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I already had a good idea about it, all these folks up here talk about is going to a one buck limit and filling the rest of the tags with does, but take out the does, you have no bucks. All they want is instant gratification

Yep, when we first got a season it was only 2 weeks long near as I can remember with one buck for a limit. Then it went to 2 bucks, and only later did we get a couple of doe days and only one doe could be taken. Even with the limit like that, most folks wouldn`t shoot a doe for a long time.

Everybody back then knew the old term "save some seed".

WOODIE13

Yep, when we first got a season it was only 2 weeks long near as I can remember with one buck for a limit. Then it went to 2 bucks, and only later did we get a couple of doe days and only one doe could be taken. Even with the limit like that, most folks wouldn`t shoot a doe for a long time.

Everybody back then knew the old term "save some seed".

Agreed, too many antler envy wantabee's out there now

LTZ25

The antlers are from Pennsylvania. He screwed them to the base of a 3 pointers skull and covered it with hide. Seems like the scorer would have been able to see that.
I thought you were kidding, how could a great scorer not notice ?

WOODIE13

I thought you were kidding, how could a great scorer not notice ?

One too may JD's and Coke or a case of Natty Lite. Now time to re-evaluate all the ones he has judged in the past:whip:

WOODIE13

Take a look at six's horn worship post for a look at the embarrassing Nikon ad

I posted before that and I did.

Anything to make a name or a buck ($$$)

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
That don't even look real. Lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I remember several years ago here in my county, a similar stunt was pulled, but for the opposite reasons. We only have one doe day here a year, back when this happened, I don't think there were any doe days. Anyway, a guy was hunting in the National Forest down on Harmon Den. He shot a doe, but he had some small antlers in his pack with lag screws epoxied into the bases. He screwed the antlers into the doe's head, gutted it, and loaded it up. He screwed up, though, when he couldn't resist stopping by the biologist and warden who were set up with a scale and such at the end of the road, weighing and checking in people's deer. When the biologist grabbed it by the antler to drag it over to the scale, the horn came off in his hand. :rofl: