The midwest

Jim Boyd

Many people have made great points here.

Here is what I know - in just over 10 weeks, I (along with a great many others) will be headed north and west - for all of the fun, cold, excitement, disappointment, elation, etc…. that we can stand.

Throw in a few cold adult beverages, some landowner visits and a football game or three… and we will be good to go!

Best of luck to all.

See many of you in LFTT!

slow motion

Many people have made great points here.

Here is what I know - in just over 10 weeks, I (along with a great many others) will be headed north and west - for all of the fun, cold, excitement, disappointment, elation, etc…. that we can stand.

Throw in a few cold adult beverages, some landowner visits and a football game or three… and we will be good to go!

Best of luck to all.

See many of you in LFTT!
Maybe we can even meet up this year. Course road construction is never predictable. But maybe. Good luck on your quest brother.

slow motion

I may travel up soon to try and find another opportunity. Not sure the current situation is viable long term.

Ace1313

For rifle I would look at NE Missouri, Nebraska, then Oklahoma.

I am looking to try and do a Kentucky hunt in the near future myself.

Jim Boyd

Maybe we can even meet up this year. Course road construction is never predictable. But maybe. Good luck on your quest brother.

Pretty sure I am gonna travel Saturday 28 October.

Traffic will slow me but not stop me.

May even go to KNX and then cut across lower Indiana.

Tiny but farther but remote. And pretty.

What is your plan, brother???

Jim Boyd

slow motion

Honestly I don't have a plan yet other than to hunt as much as possible. I've gotta sit down with a calender and work it out. Definitely be there some in that time frame. Sounds like you'll be traveling a ways north of me though. Might have to meet up another time my friend.

ScLowCountry

Well if you are an SRS hunter you differently has one of the best chances to kill a big buck in SC. They kill monsters off thst place. It still isn't the Midwest though

slow motion

Will you be traveling I-64? Did a search from Vienna to Mount Vernon. Just over an hour. I've definitly driven farther. I'm actually hunting just out of Wartrace Illinois. Let's see how it plays out might get to meet up yet.

Jim Boyd

Will you be traveling I-64? Did a search from Vienna to Mount Vernon. Just over an hour. I've definitly driven farther. I'm actually hunting just out of Wartrace Illinois. Let's see how it plays out might get to meet up yet.

Hey Slow

Yessir if I go across Indiana it will be 64 to Mount Vernon.

Or go through Paducah and come up 24 to 57 and end up in Mt Vernon.

That would bring me right through Vienna.

The second route is shorter but the first one allows me to miss most of KNX and NAS entirely.

slow motion

Hey Slow

Yessir if I go across Indiana it will be 64 to Mount Vernon.

Or go through Paducah and come up 24 to 57 and end up in Mt Vernon.

That would bring me right through Vienna.

The second route is shorter but the first one allows me to miss most of KNX and NAS entirely.
When we get closer to the time let's look at logistics. See if it makes sense for you to stop somewhere and meet. Heck I might have already filled my tag with a booner and be back home. :rolleyes:::;:rofl:

Jim Boyd

I am coming back to Georgia to hunt this year, be happy with what you have, its a lot better than you think

Yes, Georgia is absolutely a great state to hunt.

Incredibly diverse.

What it is not, however - is the Midwest.

Hope you have a GREAT homecoming!