Need a Beagle

Tight Lines

This is a house beagle meaning he is my wife's ever constant companion...after several miles on the AT he was hungry so he got a plain burger and some dog biscuits, and shower, and now he's waiting on our bed for his bed...which was in the washer...he is some kind of spoiled...worse than the kids...
IMG_8958.JPGIMG_8959.jpgIMG_8961.JPGIMG_8962.jpgIMG_8963.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Scout took a copper head strike to the nose.
My dang Winnie Dog got Copper Headed twice in 2 conservative summers. First one like to killed him (and my wallet) but the second one wasn't so bad.. First one was right in his armpit. It swole up so bad, you couldn't tell where his arm stopped and his chest started.

I seen one around the shed about a week ago. Wasn't no bigger than a pencil. I took him to a non- populated area of woods about a 1/2 mile from here and let him go. Sure hope his Mama ain't around.

Madman

January 2, Ranger will be with us for a year. 2 or 3 weeks later we picked up Scout.

They are doing well, still on squirrel watch.

Attachments

• IMG_5171.jpeg
    IMG_5171.jpeg
    417.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5172.jpeg
    IMG_5172.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 20

Madman

My dang Winnie Dog got Copper Headed twice in 2 conservative summers. First one like to killed him (and my wallet) but the second one wasn't so bad.. First one was right in his armpit. It swole up so bad, you couldn't tell where his arm stopped and his chest started.

I seen one around the shed about a week ago. Wasn't no bigger than a pencil. I took him to a non- populated area of woods about a 1/2 mile from here and let him go. Sure hope his Mama ain't around.
Imagine having to lead into every situation with your snout.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
January 2, Ranger will be with us for a year. 2 or 3 weeks later we picked up Scout.

They are doing well, still on squirrel watch.
Good to hear ! They are for sure partners looks like . Side by side in every picture

Madman

Good to hear ! They are for sure partners looks like . Side by side in every picture
Jan 4 was the 1 year anniversary for Ranger and you hooked us up with Scout in Feb. They are good buddies and the misses is tickled pink.

Thanks for your help. Happy new year everybody, let’s make it a good one.

God’s peace to you all.

Madman

I’m trying to get pork belly on the smoker, Scout and Ranger bolt after some deer. 2 hours and 10 miles later I get them home.

Attachments

• IMG_5245.png
    IMG_5245.png
    988.3 KB · Views: 20

Madman

Ranger came dragging in early, Scout stayed on the trail and the deer took across the highway so I had to go get him for fear he’d get hit. There are 1800 acres behind me and the deer have to go 4 miles in the other direction to cross a state highway. I think it is beagle trap.

specialk

This is a house beagle meaning he is my wife's ever constant companion...after several miles on the AT he was hungry so he got a plain burger and some dog biscuits, and shower, and now he's waiting on our bed for his bed...which was in the washer...he is some kind of spoiled...worse than the kids...
View attachment 1252383View attachment 1252384View attachment 1252385View attachment 1252386View attachment 1252387

he aint spoiled, he's just got ya'll trained real,real good!

Madman

As much as I hate it, Scout needs a good home. He needs a fenced yard and somebody to scratch him in the evening.

He is good dog, very humble and affectionate, but when the deer come through the property there is no keeping him home.

Mrs. Madman is spending too much time trying to get him home and looking for him when he runs off.

His last jaunt was yesterday. 17.6 miles finally was captured by a hunter and taken to his house for the night.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpeg
    IMG_0205.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4343.jpeg
    IMG_4343.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 13

Tight Lines

Sorry to hear that. Beagles follow their noses. What is that tracking app you have? How old is he and where are you located?
As much as I hate it, Scout needs a good home. He needs a fenced yard and somebody to scratch him in the evening.

He is good dog, very humble and affectionate, but when the deer come through the property there is no keeping him home.

Mrs. Madman is spending too much time trying to get him home and looking for him when he runs off.

His last jaunt was yesterday. 17.6 miles finally was captured by a hunter and taken to his house for the night.

Madman

Sorry to hear that. Beagles follow their noses. What is that tracking app you have? How old is he and where are you located?
I use Tractive. It has worked well for a lot of years. Scout is about 3, got him as a rescue from another fellow on GON.

I live south of Stockbridge. If you want him, I’ll make arrangements to meet you.

Tight Lines

I use Tractive. It has worked well for a lot of years. Scout is about 3, got him as a rescue from another fellow on GON.

I live south of Stockbridge. If you want him, I’ll make arrangements to meet you.
While I'd love a 3rd dog, I already have a Scout (Weimaraner) and the bride would kill me.

Is he full blooded or do you know? I will ask around as everyone loves our beagle and maybe there is someone who could take him.

Is he low key or destructive and barks / bays a lot like some beagles. Ours is super chill but I know they are not all that way...

Madman

While I'd love a 3rd dog, I already have a Scout (Weimaraner) and the bride would kill me.

Is he full blooded or do you know? I will ask around as everyone loves our beagle and maybe there is someone who could take him.

Is he low key or destructive and barks / bays a lot like some beagles. Ours is super chill but I know they are not all that way...
He is super chill, lays around all day, will come put his head in your lap if you are sitting. No barking, unless he is on a scent. Has never torn up anything.

As for pure breed, I’m pretty sure he is more coon hound than beagle has a bird chest and long legs. Still a small dog.

He really would be a fantastic dog for a fenced yard which we do not have. He stayed with the other dog, Ranger, until he learned that invisible fence only stung for a moment.

Attachments

• IMG_6400.jpeg
    IMG_6400.jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7871.jpeg
    IMG_7871.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 7

Madman

Very chill.

Attachments

• IMG_6105.jpeg
    IMG_6105.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    352.8 KB · Views: 4

Madman

BTW. Convince me Scout is going to a good home he is free. I’ll even travel, a reasonable distance to bring him to a good home.

This is killing Mrs. Madman that she just can’t keep him.