Need Rifle Range Info...

Paul Cataldo

Guys,
I'm looking to find some different rifle ranges, and I'm wondering if you guys can list some specific ranges, and also their location, and what distances are available to shoot? (along with any other details)
I know some are members only clubs, so I would also be interested to know what it takes to become a member.
Thanks for any info.

BTW,
Can anyone tell me about Fort Benning? I have heard mixed stories, with some claiming there is a public range, and others stating it's a members only where you must join (which is fine with me, as I am a serious shooter, actually looking for a club/range to join). Others have said it's strictly for military, with the exception of some competitions being held there (for civilian competitions).
Thanks for any info guys...

Hooscrat

I am also looking for a range. I got a new .270 over Christmas and was looking to sight it in. I live in Cobb, does anyone have an idea where I could go? Thanks for the help.

tgriffin

Ft Benning Rifle & Pistol Club

URL: www.rpcrange.com

Here is the link for Fort Benning. Civilians can be members.

pcsolutions1

I really like the one at Charlie Elliott WMA. It's off Hwy 11 and I-20 about 9 miles off the interstate. Free and nice.

Tom

SmokyMtnSmoke

Try this one out...

Creekside Firing Range
1669 Old Alabama Road
Taylorsville, Ga 30178
770-634-2144
Ask for Joe Harris

CK'n

bit of a drive

there is River Bend

http://www.rbgc.org/

and another one near Rome. Hopefully some one here can point you in the right direction. Both are members only, there are pretty easy to go to as a guest and check them out, expecially the one in Rome.

Take care,
Chris

killitgrillit

west point WMA
100yds
nice shooting benches, covered
and best of all it's FREE
just sign in and enjoy
bring your own target stands and targets
and please clean up after yourself

Bill Mc

I belong to the one near Rome.

Floyd County Wildlife Club

Dues for membership are $100 per year due by March 31st.

Annual dues are $100 and $75 for Seniors ( 65 yrs. & up). An additional one-time Initiation Fee of $100 is charged to persons wishing to join. Then dues are pro-rated and drop by $8.33 each month. Examples: April=$200, May=$191.67, June=$183.35, etc.