Need some advice.........

Jasper

OK, here's the deal. Just picked my truck up after having tires put on it and an oil change. About $670, which is what I expected. I picked it up after hours and the battery was dead. I jumped it off fine and when I got home and turned it off I realized why the battery was dead. The AC blower motor was running when I shut it off, but would stop when I cranked the engine. I had to pull the fuse just to get it to stop. So now I have to take it back.

A couple of years ago I had it in the same place to have the oil changed and when I picked it up it wasn't running right (can't remember the details), but I know I took it right back and had to have the power control module or whatever you call the computer, changed to the tune of around $600.

After this second time it has me wondering if this is a coincidence. I've had all my cars serviced at this place for years and really trust the owner. But the thought went through my mind that maybe a mechanic could have done something to make me have to bring it in for more repairs. I feel a little uneasy even insinuating this, but it makes me wonder.

Do you guys think that a potential fair possibility? I plan on talking to the manager about it but just thought I'd get everyone's 2 cents worth..........

Thanks!

Resica

It's happened twice to you, seems a little much to be a coincidence. I'd think you could just tell them the problem wasn't there when you dropped it off , or you would have brought it to their attention. Hopefully they'll do the right thing.

Jasper

ttt

Lorri

Does seem odd that something else happened - I would mention it to the owner what will it hurt to say something and see how he handles the situation. I have heard this happens to alot to folks with mechanics but if you weren't having the problems before you dropped it off and you are now does seem strange and you should be given an explanation or the very least they fix it for you especially since you are a repeat customer and they would want to keep your business cause times are tough.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

hunter rich

If it is something that the mech did they will just say "I don't know how tires and an oil change effect your a/c??" It would be interesting if it was the same mech both times. I agree it is tough to talk to someone about the problem but who knows, maybe the owner has had other complaints and he may need to talk to the mech...

BOWHUNTER!

John, I completely understand what you are saying and feeling. It almost never fails that when we have some sort of mechanical work done, some new problems always shows up when we get it home. I've told my wife about a thousand times, "I wonder if they do things to get us to bring it back in later". My "negative side" showing through, I know, but it keeps me from being played a fool sometimes. Without proof, there's no way you're gonna get the truth out of them. I know mistakes happen and things get forgotten about but why everytime??? I feel so vulnerable once I drop my vehicle off at the mechanic. It would be nice if you could conceal a small camera under the hood just like the guys do on 60mins...:D

NOYDB

BANNED
Help me out, how does having "all your cars serviced there for years" VS. two incidences become a trend?

Jasper

Help me out, how does having "all your cars serviced there for years" VS. two incidences become a trend?

Never said it was a trend. Just wondering if this could be a coincidence or not. Since I've owned this truck the only 2 issues I've had it in the shop for other than normal, routine maintenance were happening when I picked it up from this shop after having it serviced. They didn't happen before I took it in......an hour, a day or a week afterwards.....they happened between the time I dropped it off for totally unrelated reasons and picked it up. Both have been electrical issues. Never gave it a thought the first time. The second time made me at least ponder a bit.

Redbow

You can bet there are cheats out there in any profession, I am not saying you got ripped off but I hope they make it right for you !

Jasper

Latest posts