Neely Henry Nov. 5 and 6

tmooney

The men from the church have been planning a trip to Santee Cooper last weekend for around 6 months. The time came for the trip and only six of us were going, with 4 of us only going on Thursday and most of Friday. We decided to stay closer to home and fish familiar waters in that of Guntersville and Neely Henry. We fished Guntersville on Thursday and had a great day on the water. The temps were cooler and the wind was gusting at times but it didn't keep us from catching fish. Largest fish on the day her went around 5 pounds caught by Tim Little. I didn't have my camera with me that day so no pictures from Guntersville. Most fish we caught that day came off of Zoom Super Flukes. I caught fish on 5 different colors with one of them being a Tmooney custom color. I would rip the fluke across the Hydrilla tops and let it sink just out of sight. Most bites came on the fall so make sure you have a firm grip on the rod. The other bait of choice was a Chart. Double Willow leaf spinner bait in the grass lines or Hydrilla Tops. This was the bait that caught the largest fish and also killed the spinner bait, the fish broke it in half.

Friday and Saturday we fished Neely Henry and caught fish on rocky banks in shallow water predominantly the whole time. The wind was bad here on Friday but was mostly calm Sat. The fish were in very shallow water primarliy. When I say shallow, im not talking 3-5 feet. Im talking 1-2. We fished sleu's (SP) and pockets with about 18 inches to 2 ft of water in them and killed the fish. The water was VERY stained to muddy. Fish were caught on rattle traps and spinnerbaits just off the banks in shallow water. We had a great time and have begun planning the next trip. I hit a stump on Sat. while idling around looking for a channel. I don't think there is any damage but be VERY careful. I hit this stump in 4 ft. of water and the channel was on the edge of this stump that dropped straight off into 25 ft of water. Tight lines to all and God Bless.

221056.jpg

221057.jpg

Jesus Saves!
-Terry Mooney