Nelly, Tanny, Harry and friends in Kansas Year 6!

Smokim

My story from yesterday. It was my first day ever even seeing the new farm. My partner had put out all of the stands and got it ready to hunt. I only saw a few deer that morning. One really big body that was headed west at first light. Then that afternoon I had only seen a small 4 point in the woods to my left. Right after the sun set over the hills 6 does came into the milo field and big boy followed them into the field. He was pushing them around back and forth and they worked my way toward the east side of the field. I was checking him through the binos to make sure he was not one of the young bigger bucks we have on the farm. We have multiple 3 year olds bigger than this one. Then he came withing 20 yards and I drew back on him. He gave me a good broadside shot and I put it right behind the shoulder. I could not find the arrow after the shot and did not find any blood at the shot site. It got me worried so I went to get Harry and head back to track. We found the first blood on the trail I saw him take about 10 yds from the shot site. Then it was a heavy blood trail right to him that took about 5 min. What a fun hunt!!!

flatsmaster

So we never found Harry's buck. Never found much blood at all and what we did find ran out about 100 yds in. Based on all the info we have we think he is still alive. Really disappointing but that is part of hunting but we never like to wound an animal.
Tough break … worst part of bow hunting
Best of luck with new place !!!

Ace1313

Looks like another year in the memory banks.

Duff

Great stuff! Enjoyed following along!