New Navy Kid

BriarPatch99

My Grandson Samuel joined the Navy right out of High School this June.... This will be his fifth week of Basic.... I got a very good feeling he is gonna enjoy this week...

They get to shoot the firearms this week... He is an extremely good shooter and loves any chance to shoot ... he may have my genes!
The M9.... the M4 and the shotgun ... not sure which shotgun...
He loves taking them apart and cleaning... I am sure he will do a bunch of cleaning...
PSX_20201025_190947.jpg

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My Grandson Samuel joined the Navy right out of High School this June.... This will be his fifth week of Basic.... I got a very good feeling he is gonna enjoy this week...

They get to shoot the firearms this week... He is an extremely good shooter and loves any chance to shoot ... he may have my genes!
He loves taking them apart and cleaning... I am sure he will do a bunch of cleaning...
My nephew is a Senior Chief on a sub. He volunteered to be boarding party Chief to get to shoot regularly at Navy expense. I hope Grandson enjoys his service, much respect for him.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler

Good for him! One enlistment will help him become a man to be proud of and a career if he applies himself will give him an income for life.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
He says it has been fun so far ...he was in very good shape... been running, swimming and backpacking very often...
Wants to be Air Rescue Swimmer. Have see how it works put ...he scored really high on the ASVAB... He eyes kept him out the pilot program he wanted...
Rescue swimmer would be good I think. He would stay in good shape I believe. Some of the electronic fields would have a civilian application that would pay him a good salary. He will have be limited only by his lack of ambition and education. Education which the Navy will provide if he shows ability.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good on him. My son enlisted in the Navy right after high school, and he's been in about ten years now. He is currently a corpsman/combat medic attached to a Marine battalion.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Man from your what you’re telling us he’s a natural for this. When SOF calls 911, these are the guys that show up. Let him get a few years and think about it. When your done with AF Pararescue you walk out a certified paramedic with Ranger training. Just something to think about.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

oldfella1962

View attachment 1242995
If he loves cleaning weapons, he'll make a lot of friends in basic! :)