New Navy Kid

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Navy Nuke if he’s interested. Can do six years and then punch his own ticket in commercial nuclear.
That is what mine wants to do. He's has the goods but we'll see, he is starting his junior year of High School on Monday. That is the second hardest job in the Navy to get behind SEAL. They ETS in 5-6 years with a masters degree in nuclear physics making 200K/year at 23/24 years old and best of all, paid for by uncle sam. May daughter has about broke me. My son has 0.0 interest in college and that seems to be a theme nowa days and is a great thing.

@BriarPatch99 Congrats to both young men!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Navy Nuke if he’s interested. Can do six years and then punch his own ticket in commercial nuclear.
my niece is a instructor teaching the operation of nuke power. She can do whatever she wants with that experience.

I wonder what Georgia Power would paid for a nuke operator with training credentials????

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
my niece is a instructor teaching the operation of nuke power. She can do whatever she wants with that experience.

I wonder what Georgia Power would paid for a nuke operator with training credentials????
My son's best friend's dad was an ET on a sub. He is in his mid 40's now and manages a nuke plant in NC. I dropped my son off over there a few weeks ago and let's just say it was a nice house.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That’s what my nephew does, about 18.5 years now.

gb1194

GA Power, specifically Southern Nuclear, starts instructors probably around in the $130K/ year range. It’s good money.

oldfella1962

facepalm:
Wait - maybe I'm reading this incorrectly: "a young lady managed to shoot herself in the leg before Samuel's group got to....."

So entire groups of trainees are waiting to shoot this young lady in her leg? :eek:
Her recruiter snagged her the worst military job ever! :mad:

BriarPatch99

facepalm:
Wait - maybe I'm reading this incorrectly: "a young lady managed to shoot herself in the leg before Samuel's group got to....."

So entire groups of trainees are waiting to shoot this young lady in her leg? :eek:
Her recruiter snagged her the worst military job ever! :mad:
Words didn't translate from brain to keyboard...:)
But I am sure some had some bad thoughts about her ...maybe even shooting her in the leg ...you know it is equal opportunity.... She screwed up their shooting time ;)

oldfella1962

Words didn't translate from brain to keyboard...:)
But I am sure some had some bad thoughts about her ...maybe even shooting her in the leg ...you know it is equal opportunity.... She screwed up their shooting time ;)
When my son was in Combat Medic training, a female got frightened by a wasp or hornet or something and threw her M4 at the insect! facepalm: That same female also had an accidental discharge (nobody harmed) with her M4 during training. Maybe she watched reruns of the old Superman TV series!
Bad guys would run out of bullets and throw their guns at Superman. :LOL: