New Verizon Cell Tower has been approved in Southern Lincoln County

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
This is the link to the original thread relating to cellphone coverage in Lincoln County.

https://forum.gon.com/threads/cell-service-in-lincolnton.997864/#post-12915404

This latest information below might very well help a lot of you hunters, fishermen, visitors etc in Lincoln County.

A new Verizon cell tower has now been approved by the Lincoln County Government and according to the documents published during the past week, it should be erected and in service before the end of this year. It is scheduled to be erected at 3191 Double Branches Road (which is very near the intersection of Hwy 220 East and Double Branches Road). This will surely help a lot of the citizens, visiting hunters, fishermen etc and it will also help various types of Lincoln County Emergency Vehicles in the southern end of the county.

This has been a long time coming but it was approved and supposedly, the construction is on a fast track for now.

My Lincoln County property is located in this area and lucky for me is that I have been fortunate to have decent coverage on my property as I have used Verizon service for about 25 years now. I have encountered the need for emergency assistance involving ambulances and also sheriff's deputies on occasion as well. Unfortunately, other areas in southern Lincoln County are not as fortunate as I have been.

Back four years ago, I was severely injured on my property back in the woods as I was alone as usual. I could not walk or even crawl BUT thankfully my cellphone allowed me to reach my best friend who lives in Lincoln County at 7 AM on a Saturday morning and he was able to notify the ambulance service etc and he met them at my gate and the ambulance attendants put a "back-board" in the back of my friend's truck as he understood just where I was located on my property and knew that he could drive his truck to within 100 yards of where I was. Folks, there is nothing like seeing your best friend and two EMT's with a backboard coming to your rescue.

Thankfully, they got me loaded up and back out of the woods to the ambulance out at the gate for a 40 mile trip to the hospital here in Augusta. Two knee surgeries later, I have been doing fairly well since then. Thankfully, over the years, I had checked my phone numerous times and places on my property to make sure that I had decent coverage BUT there are lots of places in the southern end of the county that you have NO cellphone coverage at all.

To me, this new tower location should also benefit lots of others such as land owners and also other visitors that may be fishing on the lake or hunting in the woods.

This is the link to the original thread relating to cellphone coverage in Lincoln County.

https://forum.gon.com/threads/cell-service-in-lincolnton.997864/#post-12915404

Hopefully, this information might help some of you members here that spend time in Lincoln County as well.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have better Verizon coverage at most of my hunting spots than I have at my home. LOL