New World Record Deer in Ohio

James12

The story behind the CJ Alexander deer killed in Ohio this year is interesting. State claimed days later that he poached it, and confiscated the deer several days later in mid-Nov. Now it appears the tune has changed and folks are apologizing to him, and against the State’s decision. What horns do to folks, but it is huge. He just spoke his side again a couple days ago. Too long for me to watch but it’s on the Tube.

menhadenman

I had to look it up… if written permission from his sister is what I’m reading is poaching, that’s pretty weak. On the other hand his story doesn’t make much sense. Hopefully justice will prevail whatever the case but it sure sounds sketchy to me.

James12

I had to look it up… if written permission from his sister is what I’m reading is poaching, that’s pretty weak. On the other hand his story doesn’t make much sense. Hopefully justice will prevail whatever the case but it sure sounds sketchy to me.

Ya. Think it did for many to begin with. But now his latest interview and the time they’ve had to prove he did something wrong is what I think has everyone turning. It was posted a couple days ago. Haven’t heard it all… it’s loooong.

James12

Well for the guy to be guilty and still openly saying differently, it’s a wonder how he climbs up the tree with a set like that. Public reaction has definitely shifted from in favor of the State, back to him.

Last edited:
Just watched the whole video….. hard to say as I wasn’t there. If it’s my gut I say he did it his dad and another family member are detectives. So he knows what to do and say. He even says that. He is either the biggest idiot ever going on podcast telling all the info or he is truly innocent. I don’t by it. He does to much looking off and down nervous energy. He knows from his dad and family’s work in law enforcement how to get away with stuff. But we shall see hate to say the man is guilty then look like an idiot for doing so.. i just don’t know

basshappy

BANNED
If I take what CJ said in that loooong podcast at face value;
1) The first DNR officer is going to have to answer to why he did not take any pictures or videos. Given the potential media frenzy and backlash, why would he not take photos? I will presume he had his phone on his personal per protocol and so where he went on the property likely was recorded.

2) The DNR officers who coerced CJ into unlocking his phone - SMH. I don't understand why his attorney was not present at that interview, because no way would the attorney unlock the phone without requirement to do so per court order.

3) The DNR officers who prohibited CJ from leaving the room to make a phone call when he was not under arrest - SMH again. Unfortunately CJ appears to not be the sharpest knife - he could have said "Walk me outside, go back inside, and watch me through the window where you can see me but not hear me".

4) Where is all, or any, of the footage, photos and videos, of this deer? So many have claimed to have seen it in the cemetery, and the cemetery signs state video recording in progress ... yet no evidence yet. The DA's brother - where are the pics and vids from his trail cams, especially for the most recent dates prior to killing the deer? I hope the attorney for CJ gets those cameras entered as evidence for a forensic analysis. Pure speculation on me here, but I won't be surprised if the memory cards are missing or "overwritten".

5) Sadly this appears at this time to be the new norm - guilty unless you prove yourself innocent. I am stupefied the Ohio DNR took what they took without subpoenas and without what I think based on the info out this far solid evidence. Of this case were to backslide into corruption and abuse of power I won't be surprised.

6) IF the evidence supports CJ's version I hope a law firm represents him and takes the Ohio DNR to task, criminally and civilly, forcing retraining, updating procedures, and paying out the rear end for damaging CJ's reputation and what ahould have been a once in a lifetime thrill ride. IF CJ prevails he still will be like Richard Jewel. Even if the state is forced to publicly acknowledge their wrongdoing and if any person actually started the investigation out of Mal intent that party is taken to task as well.

Again, we have little to go on at this time. Will be interesting.

BowanaLee

I have no reason not to believe him. I'm not going to Rompola him over it. Good for him. If found not guilty, I hope whoever slurred his name pays "deerly". You shouldn't have to prove your innocence.

livetohunt

6) IF the evidence supports CJ's version I hope a law firm represents him and takes the Ohio DNR to task, criminally and civilly, forcing retraining, updating procedures, and paying out the rear end for damaging CJ's reputation and what ahould have been a once in a lifetime thrill ride. IF CJ prevails he still will be like Richard Jewel. Even if the state is forced to publicly acknowledge their wrongdoing and if any person actually started the investigation out of Mal intent that party is taken to task as well.

I agree. If they slandered his reputation this bad for nothing, he deserves a huge payout from Ohio.

shdw633

Article said he's holding out for more money should he be cleared. Money makes people do bad things and can't help but think that may be what's happening here. Had I shot the deer the last thing I would be thinking of doing is selling it, regardless of the price.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Aside from not wanting the fame, this is the other reason why I’ve never went public with the 12 giant World class record Georgia whitetails I’ve taken over the years. All over 300 inches. Just freaks of nature. But that’s all I’m going to say about that. People just get jelly when you kill a big’n. :rolleyes: