Nic Look here!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They usually don't show up here until mid-summer.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Sowega,
You need to find someone that has worms on there trees. Get a few and transplant to yours

Fletch_W

Banned
Yall ever get them all eaten by wasps and birds? At my old house I rented there was the biggest catawba tree I have ever seen, and it was tore up with wasps and birds during the hatch. Because the tree was so big there was plenty to go around and fish with, but I worry if I planted a baby one here at the new place that any worms would get annihilated before I could a can full.

Beagles eat em too.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Looking good, Jimmy. Three of my trees had them last year. None yet so far, but I should have some soon.

BriarPatch99

We catch Redbreast, bream and catfish on the Satilla, Ocumulgee and Altamaha rivers with them. I have tried freezing them several ways ....but nothing beats them fresh off the tree into the water....

I hoping the Satilla will be down to good fishing levels about the time these are ready ...

Be glad to share some seed for anybody that has trees .... probably have some trees to spare also..

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looking like some fish in your future.
I blanch my worms then dry them and stick them in the freezer.

joejoe47

When I was a kid the family two doors down had a lot of trees. Mr. Charlie would sit in his backyard with his 12 ga. Double barrel all day. Rain crows didn’t have a chance. This was in the middle of town and no one complained. He would be put in jail today.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Growing nicely.

BriarPatch99

That is a another hatch on the other side of same tree ... according to the amount of "lacy" leaves where they hatched ....got to be several different hatching on this same tree.

These are larger than the ones in the first photo also...