nip tuck

bradpatt03

anyone ever watch this show??? its gotta be controversial. i know its pushin the limits of what can be shown on tv. i know last night alone there were about 3-4 sex scenes along w/ lots of cussin and i even heard "gd"??? i thought those things weren't allowed on cable :huh:

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never heard of it.

reylamb

There are very few restrictions on cable anymore. The FCC loosened up the rules under the guise of people were paying to see what they were getting. Many of the rules still apply to over the air broadcasters, but even then, some of the language rules have been loosened.

I have seen the show a few times........the son is a freak show.

frankwright

I might have to quit watching it. Two weeks ago they had a scene and I was afraid my recliner was going to burst in flames.

It is in FX and it really pushes the limits if there are still limits.

Woodsong

i am SO glad to say that i have no clue what this show is about...the joys of NOT having a TV. Ask yourself...if live people came into your house and acted the way they act on TV, said the things they said, did the things they did, proliforated bad morals, bad relationships, bad attitudes, etc. etc., would you invite them back to your house? I dare say you would kick them out! Somehow though we are all kind of ok with it if it comes in our house via a little box in the corner of the room that we can all stare at mezmorized and transfixed. Imagine if people stopped all that garbage and just sat out on the porch in the evenings to talk with family, friends, or neighbors...or heck- even just to sit in a quiet moment by yourself without a technological distraction????

Serenity is a blessed thing.

Ok, i will get off my soap box. We will not return to your regularly scheduled program.....

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
Woodsong said:
i am SO glad to say that i have no clue what this show is about...the joys of NOT having a TV. Ask yourself...if live people came into your house and acted the way they act on TV, said the things they said, did the things they did, proliforated bad morals, bad relationships, bad attitudes, etc. etc., would you invite them back to your house? I dare say you would kick them out! Somehow though we are all kind of ok with it if it comes in our house via a little box in the corner of the room that we can all stare at mezmorized and transfixed. Imagine if people stopped all that garbage and just sat out on the porch in the evenings to talk with family, friends, or neighbors...or heck- even just to sit in a quiet moment by yourself without a technological distraction????

Serenity is a blessed thing.

Ok, i will get off my soap box. We will not return to your regularly scheduled program.....

IMO I am not sure the computer is any better than the little black box.

shaggybill

Darn good post, Woodsong.

bradpatt03

i agree with you woodsong, but i gotta admit, i'd get bored right quick w/out my tv. i ain't got a lot of free time, but every night before i go to bed i gotta watch an hour's worth or so to just wind down. i don't wanna sit on my deck in the dark by myself :D

but i do know whatcha mean, at our old house, we used to come home and plop down in front of the tube, now that we're out in the country i come home and find the family out in the yard or talkin to neighbors outside, etc. i like it that way a lot better.

Woodsong

i agree with you all about the irony of this discussion occurring over the internet and i am not apposed to discussing that as well. Unfortunately i require email and internet access for my work (I work from home), so at least to some degree, i "have" to have it in my home office. I supposed i could take up potato farming or something instead of what i currently do but i have never been much of a farmer!

H

HT2

Brad........

I watch it one time for about 5 mins..........

That was enough.........

That is a sick, sick show.......... ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

reylamb

Hey, that little black box puts food on the table, a roof over our head, clothes on the kids, and everything else for my family. Y'all don't stop watching, I may end up out of a job...............

H

HT2

Rey.........

reylamb said:
Hey, that little black box puts food on the table, a roof over our head, clothes on the kids, and everything else for my family. Y'all don't stop watching, I may end up out of a job...............

Oh no brother!!!!!!!!!

I ain't gonna do that......

I was just referrin' that "one" show........... :bounce: