Non smoker thread

SarahFair

I was just telling my youngest I always felt bad for the kids who came to school reeking of cigarettes because their parents smoked in the car and house.
He said no one comes to school smelling like that because eveyone now vapes.

I don't really see cigarette smokers like I did in the 90s and early 00s. I remember when HS let out everyone would run to the parking lot and light up cigarettes while pulling out, now you see them sucking on their beloved vapes :rolleyes:

oldfella1962

I was just telling my youngest I always felt bad for the kids who came to school reeking of cigarettes because their parents smoked in the car and house.

I don't really see cigarette smokers like I did in the 90s and early 00s. I remember when HS let out everyone would run to the parking lot and light up cigarettes while pulling out, now you see them sucking on their beloved vapes :rolleyes:
Vaping may not be much better for a smoker's health - vaping hasn't been around long enough to gather enough data - but at least non-smokers don't have to deal with the smell as much.

BeerThirty

Cig smoke doesn't bother me too much but my wife can't stand it. She's also moderately allergic to it, so she literally gets angry and annoyed just at the mere smell of it.

My grandparents were both chain smokers in their house until the day they died. They lit up whenever they wanted. Literally had to wash our clothes twice after visiting. And they smoked nasty, cheap off brand cigs, too! When they finally passed my dad let us have several of their possessions. She had an amazing old tupperware collection that I took. We actually had to throw it out because we could not get the smoke smell out of it. I also have several old pictures from their home that, if you hold close enough, you can still smell the cig smoke on them.

I'll never forget one of the last experiences with my grandma. She treated us to her regular pizza joint a few months after they banned smoking in restaurants. We sat down and the first thing she did was light up. There were obvious "no smoking" signs on every wall. And boy you shoulda saw the look on everyone's face. One of the other patrons leaned over to tell her there was no smoking, to which she responded "Oh?" then proceeded to waive down our waitress and ask for an ashtray. My grandma and the owner went way back, so I thought it was cool to see my grandma being somewhat of a rebel LOL

leroy

I have several on my bus route that you can smell when they get on. We had a smoking area in high school in early 80s.

SarahFair

Vaping may not be much better for a smoker's health - vaping hasn't been around long enough to gather enough data.
I'll guarantee is not anything good, especially with the mold in some of those vapes

oldfella1962

I have several on my bus route that you can smell when they get on. We had a smoking area in high school in early 80s.
When I went to HS in the late 1970's we had two smoking areas. One on HS property for tobacco, and an "unofficial" weed smoking area in an abandoned railroad car on the soon to be abandoned railroad tracks across the street from the HS. During lunch you could leave HS property as long as you were back in class on time. Kids could have weed in their cars in the school parking lot but couldn't bring it into the school. Despite having this "don't ask don't tell" policy, some kids "couldn't leave well enough alone" and brought it into school and got in trouble. facepalm:

Hillbilly stalker

I have not smoked in over 25 years. I smoked “Cowboy killers“ when I did tho. The one smell associated with smoking that I absolutely could not stand was a sniped out cigarette. My dad us3d to field strip his so the butts wouldn’t be laying in the yard. That’s nasty. On occasion I will dream that I started smoking again and I will chew myself out in the dream.:crazy:. I will say there’s nothing that goes together better than a Marlboro red and a cup of hot jet black coffee. But at $7 plus a pack, I don’t know how people could afford to smoke.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
It will ruin the value of a car, especially a newer one or one that "looks" nice. You can not get rid of the smell. There are things you can do to mask it for a while but it comes back. If you smoke in a vehicle it limits who will by it .

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Smokin ain’t got nothin on folks with a cat..

Don’t get me wrong, I like cats. But, most folks with a cat have a box of crap in their house. No one needs a box of crap in their house
That's the truth. I've had a few cats in my life that I never wanted, but NEVER a cat box in the house. :waggingfinger:We did teach one cat to ring a bell that I hung on the back door. We treated that cat like a dog. Whistled for it and all. Girl cat named Fred. :rofl:

Fishin & Hunting

My wife used to smoke in the house. Never bothered me much. She was a smoker when I met her and when I married her. Then one day my daughter confided in me that one reason they didn't come over much was the cigarette smell. Said they had to wash all their clothes and toys the grandkids brought into the house after visiting my house. That was the last day my wife smoked in the house. Then when I bought her a new car, it was on the condition she wouldn't smoke in it.

The said part about it is that she is embarrassed that she smokes and can't quit. Some of her best friends don't know she smokes now that she doesn't smoke in the house.

oldfella1962

That's why cat owners smoke... :bounce:
Negative - two cats, no smoking. It doesn't take a lot of time & effort to keep the cat box smelling not too offensive. We have two cats & a dog and all are well behaved. Our tropical fish are typically well behaved of course.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Negative - two cats, no smoking. It doesn't take a lot of time & effort to keep the cat box smelling not too offensive. We have two cats & a dog and all are well behaved. Our tropical fish are typically well behaved of course.
Don't get excited, I was just fooling about... ;)

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Teach the cats to use the toilet... ain't that hard and all you have to do is flush twice a day. Takes about two weeks.... two metal coat hangers.. a piece of a old pair of panty hose.. a little tape.. and a few handfuls of littler.

oldfella1962

Teach the cats to use the toilet... ain't that hard and all you have to do is flush twice a day. Takes about two weeks.... two metal coat hangers.. a piece of a old pair of panty hose.. a little tape.. and a few handfuls of littler.
One of my cats has a propensity to "think outside the box" (no pun intended) and would find a way to cause mischief & mayhem in the bath room.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
One of my cats has a propensity to "think outside the box" (no pun intended) and would find a way to cause mischief & mayhem in the bath room.
I had one that was half spider money, once he found out the alternative was live'n in the barn with the other psycho strays ... possums... raccoons.. and what ever else called it home he conformed real quick.