Oconee slab slammin' with Doug Nelms!

FMBear

It had been over a year since Mike and I have been fishing with Doug Nelms for some Oconee crappie. Last spring, he got us on our best sized slabs of our career. So we were finally able to get together with him again for what was some of the fastest summertime action we've experienced. Doug knows his electronics and these slabs so well, it was amazing how we would approach these crappie in the timber and he'd call which of the six rods would be getting the action first. Then we had the fun of experiencing the hand off of rods, as we were catching them 3 at a time, that Mike and I would just be handing Doug the fish to put in the livewell, and at times, rods for him to help us get them all in, as Mike and I couldn't keep up.

Folks, we were flat wore out after 4 hours of fishing. We caught over 50, and kept 38 for some fine dinners soon to be had. No doubt his trips are only going to get better over the next few months!

Doug, Mike and I cannot thank you enough for yet another AWESOME trip of memories, camaraderie, and laughs!
:yeah:

Attachments

• FredDoug.jpg
    FredDoug.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,227
  • FredMike.jpg
    FredMike.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,230
  • Cooler.jpg
    Cooler.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,189
  • Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1,088
Last edited:

MRanger

That was definitely a great trip! Doug and the crappie wore us out! I cannot recommend Doug enough. If you are wanting to fish Lake Oconee, give Doug a call.

fotoguy

Awesome screen shots...way to go Doug!:banana:

Jonboater

Nice looking trip. Great screen shots!. I'm Going have to try the red screen on the lowrance more after seeing them shots! Shows the fish great.

bigfishheads

Yeah JohnBoat..the red palette looks good to my old eyes! Especially when the sun is out, I feel like I can see things better than the default tan screen that most use.

lcookie

I love it when those under water trees look like they are in full bloom. Very depressing when you go back and it is a twig!